Migraines & Headaches Community
Migranes

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Migranes

I am 21 and I have been dianosed with migranes (migraines). I am sure everybody that is reading this that have experienced an migrane (migraine) know that a migrane (migraine) is the worst headache to have. I don't want to take to many Ibuproens. They is 800mg. What is good for a migrane (migraine) that you can purchase over the counter?? What else is good besides ibuproen thats is over the counter?? Thanks your help!! ~Carolyn Bowens~**C-luv**
hi,

Don't worry. There are a number of medicines available over the counter for migraine.

Like paracetamol ( 650mg) . You can take two tablets at a time and this drug doesnot cause any gastric irritation.

Drink lot of water .

Also excercise and yoga also helps.
take care
Hi.

Unbeknownst to many, migraines can have triggers that precipitate the attacks.

Since you only want over the counter medications and do not seem to want to consult a physician to take more potent drugs, it might be beneficial for you to determine if you have triggers for your migraines, and avoiding these triggers so that the attacks can be prevented.

An ounce of prevention is better, and certainly cheaper, than a pound of cure.

Hope this helps.
The best over the counter med. is excedrin. If you are sensitive to aspirin then they sell a tension headache excedrin which works well. You will need to take one tablet at least and maybe more depending on weight. Fioricet is by prescription and I have found it to be very helpful in situations where one is able to lie down after ingestion as it can cause you to be drowsy. Avoid triggers like nuts, chocolate, red wine or anything that contain those items. You need to read as much as you can about Migraines online and note what triggers the headaches for you. Weather, low pressure systems with incoming storms can affect a Migraine.  You really need to learn about the headaches in general by reading and watching what affects you. Plenty of water and consuming carbohydrates during a headache helps most people. A heating pad or hot water bottle on the neck and forehead can help in the case of severe head pain along with medication. Good luck.

K