Migraines & Headaches Community
Morning headache
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Morning headache

I go to bed most of the time feeling fine, and sleep very very sound.  I then awake every morning with  what I think is a tension type headache-like a band the base of my head.  When I stand up or sneeze, it will help for a moment.  I sleep on a cervical pillow on my back, with a small wedge pillow under the back of my knees.  I sleep with a NTE device on my teeth, so that I don't clench. I do various stretching exercises and those for the neck muscles. I have had MRI's, sleep studys (no sleep apnea), deep tissue massages.   The only thing that has relieved it is a round of steroids (combined with flexeril)-it went away completely for a few weeks then returned.  My doctor gave me an epidural sterod injection (thinking that if the oral steroids worked, the injection would work better going straight to the spot).  That was 4 days ago-I haven't seen a difference-still waking with the headaches-they wear me out.  I have done everything to reduce stress-I work part time and have really slowed down.  I am constantly aware of my posture.  I feel like I've done everything to take care of my neck area and more, but still start my morning with the headache.  What step to take next?