Migraines & Headaches Community
Must get into bed in afternoon, HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Must get into bed in afternoon, HELP

I have recently come down with a debilitating health problem. I am looking for help from anyone who can point me in the right direction. I have visited psychologist, psychiatrist, sleep doctors, and my regular physician, and have had no diagnosis. The short version is, I smoked grass for 10 years, everyday user. After deciding to quit 8 months ago, everything was fine for two days then I started a dreadful cycle of poor sleep at night waking up unrefreshed and making it until about 2-3pm before my body begins to get extremely tired, I develop a constricting headache, my memory gets very bad (but it could be from the grass use) and get awful pain in my calfs that feels like pain combined with bubbling of blood running through them. I must, must get into bed and sleep for about an hour when these symptoms hit me in the afternoon. Its as if my day ends in the afternoon. after i awake I am completely drained of energy for the rest of the day. if i fight going to lay/sleep my headache gets worse, my calf pain gets really bad almost like numb and I can barely keep myself upright.  I felt pretty energetic and played basketball everyday when smoking.  I am a male , 29 . in good health. all labs came back normal. I had to quit my job, if anyone can think of what this might be please message me. I'm stuck on things like idiopathic hypersomnia, chronic fatigue syndrome, adrenal failure narcolepsy, circadian clock issues. it's not going away :(
So sorry to hear about your medical problems and at such a young age. I really don't know what your diagnosis is.  So I can only make some guesses. And it's certainly disappointing that all those doctors can't figure it out.  

I assume that you had a sleep study rather than just seeing a sleep doctor.  If not, you definately should get a sleep study.  Your fatigue, calf pain and headache could be from fibromyalgia, but you should feel pain in other areas of your body.  Do you?  It could be chronic fatigue syndrome.  

Did all of your bad health problems start right after quitting the weed?  Maybe you went off of it cold turkey and shouldn't have?  Reminds me of people going off of one of the anti-depressants too fast and having lasting withdrawal symptoms for months afterwards.  

Why did you stop smoking after so many years?  I must say that you deserve a lot of credit for having done that which will greatly help your health.  But maybe you should start taking just a little bit of grass and then go off of it more gradually?  I would prefer that you ingest it rather than smoking it which destroys your lungs, but of course you have to be very careful to not take too much of it with ingestion.  (I took just a little bit of brownie and so overdosed that I became psychotic and thought that I would need to go to the ER.  Really.)

I hope that you will respond back to answer some of my questions. And I do truly wish you a fast recovery from all this.