Migraines & Headaches Community
My scalp hurts!

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

My scalp hurts!

I have been ill for a week with bronchitis and for the last 2 days I have had a really painfull scalp as though my hair has been pulled really hard (but I haven't even tied it back for a week)
I also have a pain down the right hand side of my face around my ear (it hurts to sleep on that side)
I keep getting headaches and I have yellow spots in my mouth and a big red lump under my tongue.
What could this be?
Please dont tell me I need antibotics...they are evil!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The headaches may be due to the ongoing infection. The body reacts in such that pain responses are more sensitive when an underlying infectious process is present. Do you have fever? Any joint pains?

With regards to the yellow spots and lump under the tongue ,are the spots and the lump painful? This may also contribute to the headaches. Was the lump under the tongue present for a long time or appeared only recently? The lump beneath the tongue may require further evaluation. Have you sought consult with a ENT specialist with regards to this? If you have been prescribed with medications by your physician for the bronchitis then continue taking these. If not, it is best to seek immediate consult as the yellow spots and lump may be a separate disease entity from that of your respiratory problems.