Migraines & Headaches Community
Nightly Headaches from fall through spring

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

3391105?1221109066
Since the temperature has cooled down a bit I've started to get a headache every night . They start about sundown and go away in the morning. It's a light to moderate amount of pain that feels like a migraine but weaker and doesn't throb. It's more like a pressure from inside trying to bust out and not a sharp pain.The pain is between both eyes or between the nose and one eye and goes up the forehead. Later on the side of my head will hurt also from the temple to a spot above my head. I've attached a diagram with red ovals showing the areas that are in pain. This can be on one or both sides, usually one side. This happened last year and the year before. If I take a sudafed with tylenol in it, the pain does get better.

I've had chronic headaches all my life and have been under treatment for migraines. I'm actually on disability due to migraines and some other issues because without treatment I get about 4 per week. I use a preventative that cuts them down to once per month or less if I stay away from triggers.

I had chronic sinus infections that I had surgery for in 2002. I didn't have any colds or sinus infections until the past few years when my nasal tissue would be almost swelled shut all the time since about 6 months after we had a condo built. Earlier this year we discovered a mold problem due to a foundation leak in our condo. The condo is new and the leak was there when it was built, the builder just decided not to fix it. I woke up one day during a freak warm day in the winter of this year and my foot splashed on the carpet in the basement. We had mold testing and remediation done and had to put new wall and flooring in the basement.

My headaches went away after that. I was treated with antibiotics a couple times for sinus infections. Last week I went to the Ear, Nose, and Throat doc and he examined my cat scans and sent a probe up my nose. It was confirmed that all traces of the sinus infection are gone and my cat scans look normal. I also went to an allergist and was tested for allergies. All tests came back negative. If the house is closed up, my nasal tissue will still swell shut. I have window units and a whole house unit that brings in fresh air. I also use claratin and Rhinocort AQ. The fresh air reduces the swelling considerably and I can breathe normally.

I would like some advice on what route to go next to get the headaches troubleshooted as I've been to an ENT and an Allergist. Obvious answer would be to move and see if that helps but that isn't an option. It seems like I get more headaches in the colder months.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How are you?
Sometimes taking too many pain medications for prolonged period of time can cause rebound headaches.
If you are taking too many medications for migraine, it is time to slowly wean yourself off them under medical supervision.
The pain in the forehead, eyes and temple region appears to be due to sinusitis but you already have been tested for that.
I would suggest you to get an allergy test done to find out the exact type of allergen causing headaches.
Also you can try alternate therapy like acupressure and biofeedback.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty sure it's not rebound headache because I'm very careful with pain meds. I had been taking mucinex for about a month to deal with the sinus infection because since I had surgery my sinuses would get very dry. I think I will try that again and see if that helps tonight.
I went to the ENT and he looked at my cat scans and sent a probe up my nose. My sinus problems are all cleared up. I did go to the eye doc and she recommended glasses. I got a pair and wearing them clears up the headaches I was complaining about but now i get tension headaches in the back of my neck. I think they sold me the wrong frame and I will try to take them back.
Please make sure you use correct prescription glasses and also that they should not pinch your nose. If you feel the frames are uncomfortable in some way it is better to get them changed at your earliest.
Take care!