No Pain
I am 60 years old and have a history or migraines.  My headaches were hormonal and environmentally triggered.  Today I awoke with jetting white lights in the far left of my vision.
It was quite entertaining for a while.  Then it chaged shapes by enlarging and was frightening.
There was no pain and stopped as quickly as it came on.  I was the light show with my eyes
closed as well as open and it was in one eye only.  Could this have been a migraine without pain?
What should I do.  Jackie 129
Yes i think what you experienced was visual aura without the headache.Are you taking medication for your migraine? At the same time i would advise you get a visual examination done.
Hi, usually a migraine attack precedes aura and can sometimes present without aura or even headache as in your case. many factors trigger migraine and stress is one of commonest. your visual symptoms can last upto 15 mins or so and be then normal, so relax and continue the medicines you are having  or consult your physician for a check up.