Nose Bleeds
I have had nose bleeds out of the right side of my nose only for the past 6 months or so.  I would get a light headed feeling then blood would pour from my nose for 10 - 15 minutes, I would beable to taste the blood in the back of my throat.  I have seen a doctor, he said it was more than likely caused from the air being to dry.  I just find it odd that my nose bleeds out of one side only, the right side all of the time.  To me it sounds like there is more of an issue than just dryness.  I do also get occular migraines I would say atleast once a week on average.  Thank-you
Hi there!

Do you use a nasal spray as a migraine treatment by any chance, such as zomig? I use zomig nasal spray for my migraines and one of the side effects is nose bleeds in the side that you spray the medicine in.

Probably not what's going on in your case... but since you get migraines, just thought I'd throw that out there just in case! :)
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes, it is important is to find the cause of nose bleed—infection, trauma, rhinitis, using blood thinning medications, nasal sprays, high blood pressure, bleeding disorders, polyps and growths in nasal cavity. Yes, bleeding from the posterior nares into the mouth cavity can cause the taste of blood to stay in the mouth for a long time. Gargle with normal water and clean your mouth well by brushing and using a tongue cleaner. Next time you bleed-pinch the bride of nose, apply ice packs and keep the head above the level of heart by remaining seated.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult an ENT specialist soon and try to rule out these possibilities. Maybe take a second opinion from another ENT specialist, if possible. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!