Migraines & Headaches Community
Occipital Nerve Block....

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Occipital Nerve Block....

Tomorrow I am having an Occipital Nerve Block, and was just wondering if anyone that has had could tell me if it worked, was it painful during the procedure? I've had headaches for the last 12 yrs., but when I first got them they were migraines without pain, and eventually developed into getting pain as I got older, then about 6 months ago it turned into chronic headaches. I have tried many kinds of medication and nothing seems to be really working.
I had occipital nerve block not too long ago. They didn't really do much for me. Whether or not they will work for you is due to the exact cause of your headaches.  Whether or not the occipital nerve block works is also a way of finding the cause or the involving factor in your headaches.  Certainly worth a try.  I didn't think they were a big deal.  It's really a matter of how well you tolerate needles--even if you don't do well with needles, it's a quick procedure.