Ocular Migraine with Numbness in Right Arm
I know that I am experiencing ocular migraines--sometimes with pain following --sometimes not---the thing that bothers me is that when aura is gone I have an aching in my right arm and numbess in my hand that extends done to my pinky and ring fingers. I had a mini stroke (although I have now been told it was just a stroke because it shows up on an MRI??)--no loss of function incurrred (10 yrs ago) and they could not tell me the cause--but anyway it was the same feeling as when I had the stroke, only it just lasts about an hour. The auras stay longer than an hour as well. I have been told that there is nothing to worry about, but it is a little nerve racking because of the stroke. Has anyone else had these migraines with the numbness and aching?

Thanks for writing in.
Migraine can sometimes be confused with stroke or vice versa because the symptoms are so similar like headaches and numbness which can occur in either of the two conditions.
Since you have a history of stroke, it is important to differentiate between the two and make sure your symptoms are due to migraine and not stroke. Please undergo a complete neurological evaluation and if possible an MRI of head.
Keep us posted!