PAINFUL Headache behind ear!
Please help me! I have this painful sorta tension headache right behind my right ear. I don't know if it's a vein or a muscle but there is this long slender thing i can feel under my skin and usually when i massage it, the headache pain will subside a little. But this has been going on for atleast a week! Like every night it will happen and sometimes it hurts in the morning. Advil helps, but i'm so sick of it happening! Please tell me what it is.

This may be muscular pain but this may also be due to an underlying ear infection.

Are there any associated symptoms of ringing in the ears, ear discharge or hearing problems lately?

I suggest that you have this checked by an ENT specialist. This will be able to help rule out an underlying ear problem. It will also help focus on the right management for your case, since migraine headaches or tension headaches are given as a diagnosis only when other underlying conditions like sinus problems, eye and ear problems have been ruled out.

Have you had any recent flulike symptoms lately? Any recent episodes of flu or colds?
Thanks for replying. No i don't have any associated symptoms along with  the headache or have any flu like symptoms. I RARELY get sick, like the last time was probably last fall or something and i've also never had an ear infection or problems with my ear. It mainly just feels like a throbbing vein behind my ear. Like I'll put a finger behind both my ears and on my right side it feels like a swollen vein or something and it throbs. But i just looked at the veins in the head and i see that there aren't any veins behind my ear where it hurts so I'm assuming it's a muscle. But i just don't understand why it hurts every single day.