Migraines & Headaches Community
PLEASE HELP!!?? i feel like im going crazy

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Hello my name is Travis...For the past couple months i have been noticing some weird symptoms that have left me out of work and in my house. I get these sharp jolts of pain in my head when ever i hit a bump in the road or even if i merely tap my jaw lightly. Other vibrations cause the pain to like if i punch a punching bag i feel a jolt of pain in my head. I have been to a neurologist and had an MRI but it came back normal. The weirdest thing though is that for the past month i have had a very very odd symptom that im almost to embarrassed about to tell the doctor because i feel like he will think im nuts! If im laying in bed and move my toes or my fingers i feel that sharp jolt of pain in my head. The pain only lasts a half a second then is gone and it doesn't happen every single time i move my toes or fingers but it happens alot. Like ill be laying there perfectly till and if i move my toes i get that sharp jolt odf pain. I have no idea how moving my limbs can cause pain in my head!!!?? PLEASE HELP ME IM NOT GOING CRAZY !
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other possible headache triggers do you observe? It is good that you were able to see your neurologist and the MRI result was fine. This suggests primary headaches such as migraine, tension or cluster headaches. Such types usually respond to prescription medications, avoidance of triggers and rest.  Each person may have unique triggers but the more common ones include food, weather and specific activities. A headache journal may help identify other possible triggers.  If this persists, further evaluation may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.