Pain - Left temple tender to touch, severe L side headache, some ear pressure
I have been treated for migraine HA's off and on for years.  I had not been bothered with severe ha's for a while until about 1 yr ago.  They began just like migraines.  Now the headache has settled on the left side temple area, going to top of head, and down into ear with a weird sensation in inner ear.  I have had bell's palsey 2 x's, once on each side, and also trigeminal neuralgia on the left side.  

I have been given migraine meds with absolutely no relief.  I am on fiorcet plain, with very little help.  I work for a physician, and was told that I could have temporal arteritis.  I have investigated this on the net, but would like your opinion.  I have a headache at least 18 hours a day.  Sometimes severe and some times dull and nagging.  Any help is appreciated.
How are you? One sided throbbing headache can indeed be caused by migraine headaches. Definite diagnosis of temporal arteritis is through blood tests and confirmed with a biopsy and examination of tissue from the affected artery. Hemoglobin or hematocrit may be normal or low, liver function tests may be abnormal with high levels of alkaline phosphatase and sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein are almost always very high. With physical examination, touching the head may show that the scalp is sensitive and has a tender, thick artery on one side. The affected artery may also have a weak pulse or no pulse at all. You can also have your ears checked to rule out any ear issues first. It is also important that you identify your possible triggers to prevent recurrences. Take care and do keep us posted.