Migraines & Headaches Community
Pain, numbness, 'pins and needles' feeling on left side of he...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Pain, numbness, 'pins and needles' feeling on left side of head

For around 12 months now I have suffered with either pain or a 'pins and needles' type niggle or numbness on the left side of my head, sometimes stretching to the top of my left ear and occasionaly shooting down my face. I have the feelings or pain to some extent all day every day, only the intensity differs. When i first wake up in a morning the symptoms are at there lightest but they seem to worsen during the day. sometimes they ease off again in the evening, but not always.

For around two years previous to this I had began to suffer headaches far more often than at any other part in my life, also they were much worse than id previously experienced. I visited my doctor who simply told me to take co-codomol for the headaches as opposed to the paracetomol I had been taking. This worked for the headaches at first, but obviously had less affect the more i had to take it. I visited the doctor again almost a year later as the headaches were becoming more frequent and worse and I now had the niggling sensation too. he reffered me to a specialist who after hearing my symptoms felt I may be suffering from either migrane (migraine) or stress. At the time i was a manager in a retail store and did find myself getting quite stressed, around 8 months ago i changed my job to one with less responsibility, in general though i probably do feel more tense than i did a few years ago. anyway he sent me for a head scan, blood tests, an excercise test and an echocardiogram (I was also suffering pains in my chest and left arm and occasional heart flurrys at this point, of these symptoms I only get the occasional flurrys now not the chest and arm pains) All the tests came back clear, which was a relief but i was still suffering with the niggling.

Which brings me to pretty much where I am now. I visited the doctor again around three weeks ago. He ludicrously suggested it may be related to me wearing contact lenses?!? (I have my eyes tested once every year and have obviously asked the optician whether it could be related, he said no, other than being short sighted my eyes are healthy) I asked the doctor if i could possibly have a different head scan to put my mind at rest. he said it wasnt neccessary and that the scan id had could see from brain tissue to skin and would of picked anything up. He told me to wear my glasses and that he was prescribing me sum different pills. when i picked up the prescription, it was four boxes of Migraleave. My headpain does not match the symptoms of migrane (migraine) whatsoever, other than at there worst now they are so bad i lose the ability to function properly and simply have to take myself to bed until i've slept it off. he said to go back and see him if i had any other symptoms, the thing is I have no faith in the man whatsoever, he never appears to be listening and almost makes me feel like im making it up!

Since then I seem to have developed a lot of 'clicking' in the left side of my head and face, and an odd sensation which feels like bubbles popping in the top of my head (again left side, always in same place) The rather worryingly I had a very odd turn whilst at work this last week where i suddenly felt like I was about to lose control. I have thankfully never suffered any kind of seizure or passing out but it felt like one of the two were going to happen and i had to snap myself back round. the feelings persisted for half an hour or so. this has happened to me again throughout today, accomponied by a feeling of loss of balance. I am also suffering some neck pain, mainly on left side, and left ear pain.

I am starting to get quite scared. i have obviously considered the worst (tumor, cancer) and pray to God that isnt the case. I am hopeful that from what i have read if it was tumor i would have suffered other symptoms. I have also read about candida and nerves, but i really don't know. I am about to go through process of changing my G.P and have considered going private for some kind of full check up, but i just really want some answers. i am at my wits end with it and things seem to be getting worse. the only thing i have to admit to in my past is cannabis use, but certainly not to the extent that i know some people have and i have never heard of anyone having this combination of symptoms. people have suggested it may be 'transferred pain'? or that i should try acupuncture or see a cranial orthapedist? the only injury i can remember on that side of my body was a hard wack on the elbow around two years ago, which left me with some shooting numbness right up to my fingers for some months after but dosen't bother me now.

Im not ruling out any of the things I have mentioned by the way, i just really hope someone might be able to advise me and thank you for taking the time to read all this, i just didnt want to leave anything out. my thanks in advance.

Gosh, what you wrote in your first sentences, thats what Ive got to: pins and needles in left side of my head, neck pain...

How do you feel now? Whats happening? Any news?

Reka

Hi, thanks for the reply, its relieving in some way that someone knows what im talking about! It's so hard to get across to people what im experiencing.

No real news, except that occasionaly when at its worse it can bring on small panic bursts in me which are horrible.

I have just finished the process of changing my doctor and am hoping to visit him soon, I pray he has some answers, i'll be sure to post anthing of note.
Wow its not just me I'm getting all of the symptoms pins and needles
burning popping clicking headache also pins and needles in my hands legs
chest arms back really worryingly I have a MRI head and spine cervical scan next week its only taken 11 months what a joke
I just hope they don't find anything bad fingers crossed
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I have understood your problem . Please do not waste your time making your GP understand . It is beyond him . Please go for a CT scan and MRI brain – plain and contrast and consult a neurologist to find out the exact diagnosis .It could be a problem related to the nerves or a tumour in the brain . Please do not delay seeking a specialist’s help . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !

I'm getting symtoms (symptoms) also. Started 1 3/4 yrs ago with muscle twitches/spasms and pins & needles. Now to date I have whole body parathesia(pins & needles) that became so bad it turned into very painful stinging and burning. This includes my scalp and face, ears,tongue etc. Now I have vibrations in my head that come and go but getting worse. Most of the time I have it. Parts of my skin get heated feelings with a sense of sweating but there's no sweat. In fact, I don't sweat anymore. When I first got sick I lost about 50lbs without trying and had night sweats. It's not menapause. I'm 58 and went through it many years ago due to a hysterecomy.

I've had many blood tests and have a positive RA Factor and a tad high Total Compliment. I do have inflammatory arthritis but a couple Rheumatologists say it's RA and 3 says it's not. I recently had MRI's of my joints and my rheumatologist says it doesn't look characteristic of Rhuematoid Arthritis. My CRP and sed rate are normal. I've had an EEG that came out normal but I went through a whole body, what looked like, seizure. So the neurologist team can't say it was a seizure. I do have carpal tunnel syndrome and I don't work at computer for long at all. I have arthritis in my wrists. I can understand why I would be getting parathesia in my arms and legs due to arthritis, but I and no one else can figure out why I'm getting the skin heat and head vibrations.

The veins in my arms and legs are inflammed. Wondering if my nerves can be inflammed also. Maybe I'm systemic.

I'm currently taking Gaba(neurontin) and it has helped the pain, but my neurologist said it's just a band aid. I feel currents going through my body. Whatever neurologist I've seen has said they have never seen this.

I had an MRI with/without contrast and didn't show anything. The MRI I had taken two years prior showed a couple white areas. The new one didn't. I just spoke with my neurologist today and he can't see me until the beginning of Sept. I feel it's getting worse by the day now.

I'm afraid and feel the doctors are not helping me.
I feel dizzy all the time now.

Dr.-How would a Cat Scan show anything different than an MRI ?  
Have you had a head trauma? I had a car accident a year ago and have bad pins and needles, something that feels like little electric worms crawling on my skin and noise in my ears. I also have dizzy spells, and a long list of other symptoms, all of which I can trace back to the accident. Mild traumatic brain injuries (and the whiplash that goes with it) can cause a lot of weird symtoms (symptoms). I find GabaPentin works sometimes, but not if I'm stressed or tired. I also find that epsom salt soaks help (a little bit). It is driving me absolutely crazy--and the doctors seem a little, how can I say it, understated about the whole thing. I'm nopt sure I can go through an entire life like this!

Cora15

Hi Did you ever find out what was wrong with you? I have the same symptoms
Lee
I have been suffering the same symptoms for three days now since I got a bit of cold. If this migraine doesn't go away by this time next week, I'll go seek out an experienced acupuncturist or talk to a specialist and have my head scanned. I hope the acupuncturist would help me rebalance the yin and yang of my body. You folks who have never been to a doctor of Tradtional Chinese Medicine (TCM), don't laugh. It may just work. I believe there is some inflammation behind my left ear and I could certainly feel it when I gently press the tissue there. And I also have a sore throat. I hope the migraine would disappear once the inflammation is gone. Lane1, you probably should look into nervous inflammation for cause of your problem and go see an acupucturist. A friend of mine was in her early forties. She was a weak, petitie woman. After repeated visits to several doctors and a couple of specialists practicing Western medicine, she got nowhere in preventing miscarriage. Finally she decided to try an accupuncturist. After three months of treatment, she got pregnant and her daughter was born three days past calculated due date. The two-month-old was born above average weight and is in excellent health.
There's nothing funny with trying "non-Western" medicine techniques...when so many "traditional" modalities seem to fail us with illness, it is oftentimes the only hope and I have found it does work.

Whether it's a "body over mind" issue I don't know but I did get acupuncture during a bad migraine once and it did make me feel better short-term.

Longer term, I felt that deep tissue massage was great (when you can find a reputable masseuse and one that is reasonably priced).

Yoga and light strength training that I may do in the home have taken the place of the above (with $ tight nowadays, the other is a luxury for a special occasion).

Good luck to you; for me, every day is a battle with migraines so I empathize!

I had whiplash and it caused occipital neuralgia..because my neck hurt so back the shoulder tightened very tight and for months the muscles stayed this way..it caused the nerves to become hypersensitive and the nervous system to get out of wack..have you checked out peripheral neurapathy..that is what it sounds like... you stings stings, and burns, pins and needles, sharp pain..numbness and tingling..all part of it..did you have a fall..it can cause it....hope this might put you in right direction..it was hard to figure out my problem as well..doctors think you are crazy..but it affects you all over your body...also..fibromyalgia, has this systems and also does mysofacial pain syndrome
Update:

I had Lymes disease about 23-24 yrs. ago when it first came out. I used to live near Lyme,Ct. I also got that bulls eye rash. I was given oral antibiotics for 2 weeks and I felt better. About 2-3yrs later I got Lymes again but didn't show any rash. I was made to go to the health dept. They said I may have gotten bit again but I may have been under treated and my 1st antibiotic treatment didn't kill the parasite.

2 1/4yrs. ago I felt that familiar stiff neck and my knees and fingers were aching me. Also felt some fatigue. I said to my husband that I thought I may have Lymes disease again. I asked EVERY doctor I saw in the past years to PLEASE give me a Lymes test and they all said NO. All the neurologists,rheumatologists,infectious disease specialists,internest,etc ALL SAID NO. Finally about 3 weeks ago I got a doctor to say yes to giving me the test. IT CAME OUT POSITVE!!  I'm SOOOO mad at all the doctors that have put me through two hospitalizations and seen how I have been suffering and just kept saying NO to my simple request. I was sent to the hospital to get a Picc Line inserted and I receive IV antibiotic therapy every day. I had still been under treated for all these years.

Question: Can the Lymes cause whole body parathesia, muscle twitches and spasms? I also have inflammatory arthritis in most of my joints and also have a positive RA Factor (rheumatoid arthritis factor). Someone told me that Lymes can cause a postive RA Factor but I'm not sure. I need someones opinion.

I have no faith in doctors anymore. They don't listen and I was told by several doctors that my symtoms (symptoms) are "psychological". I never believed that! They couldn't figure me out so they took the easy way out and said it's all in my mind. I know my own body and I knew I was sick. WHY DIDN'T ANY DOCTOR GIVE ME THE LYMES TEST?? Why do doctors not care anymore? Is it just a business for them and that's it??
I suffer from really bad migraines and sleep paralysis. I have recently started wakening up with the weird sensation of pins and needles all over my head. It is VERY hard to explain, but pins and needles is the best description. I am very concerned at what I am reading here i.e. tumors, cancer etc... I have always had a feeling that there is something underlying but I have been to the doctors upteen times and even to a neuroligist at the hospital and they didnt even give me a scan. I think I need to make an appointment with the hospital again and advise them of this new experience. I would also advise anyone who is having similar troubles to do the same.

God bless,

Denise
Have you recovered? How is your situation now? The reason why I'm on this forum is my boss is experiencing these symptoms and is worried about it, but doesn't know the diagnosis.
wow, can't believe after all this time I have found other people who are experiencing the same as me! Thought I was going insane!
I have pins and needles feeling in my head too and all over, my hands, arms, legs, feet, numbness, burning, itching inside the skin.
I had a carpol tunnel operation a few yrs back, that just made my hand worse.
I am having leg spasms, weakness, twitching, everything!
Dizzyness and abdominal problems too.
If anyone has found out what it is please enlighten me! The doctors don't believe a word I tell them!
GO GET A LYME WESTERN BLOCK TEST!!!! I suffered terribly and still am. After 2 1/2 yrs I finally got tested for Lymes and it came out positive!

Do you have any arthritic problems?
It could also be from Fibromyalgia which is very broad! For 2 1/2 yrs. I was told by some docs that I need therapy and it's pscylogically based. Now they take me seriously. I'm finally vindicated!
I have the above symptom's for the past two years
with the symptom's getting worse I had some tests done MRI and a lumbar puncture
and Inflammation was found in both test and my neurologist has
told me that i have demyelination benign
I have had those symptoms, but compared to what some of you are experiencing it isn't that bad.  I have narcoplepsy and sometimes when I am attempting to stay awake at a completely passive activity the effort brings on those symptomes on the left side of my head and particularly around my left eye.  The blood flow seems to be constricted on the left and sometimes if I can separately notice how my head feels on the right side, I am not even sleepy on that side.  Pretty weird.  I do have peripheral neuropathy, so maybe that has something to do with it.  One neurologist told me it is a vasoconstriction migraine.  I did have a head scan many years ago to try to find out the cause and nothing showed up.  I am not too worried about it since I have had it for many years and I am not dead yet.

I do think that all of you need and deserve the best medical care that you can get.  It is a shame that some doctors don't listen, particularly if they have never seen or heard of the problem before.  Let's face it many doctors are incompetent and it is the incompetent ones that seem to have the God complex.  They think that if it doesn't lie within their medical knowledge then it must be in your head or they mishear what you have said to them to the point even misunderstanding what symptoms that you have described and then of course you won't have that disease, because you don't even have those symptoms.  These people don't even pay attentions when you try to clear up the misunderstanding of their own inadequacy.  The thing is that at least 2/3 of the doctors out there are at least competent and some are really good, so if you are not getting good medical care from one then go to another.  I do think they should have higher standards for physicians and the incompetent should be weeded out, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen any time soon, so all you can to is find yourself the best medical care that you can.  The first thing to look for is a doctor who at least listens to you and does their best to treat you.  Even a very mediocre doctor can be a lot better if they just try.  There is a lot to keep up with in the medical field, but interest and effort can do a lot.  If you get a very talented doctor then you are really lucky.  They are unusual.  Not everyone can be a really talented doctor, just like not everyone can be a talented singer, artist or mathematician.  Really good doctors are found in regular offices as well as world class medical centers, particularly if they are just starting out.  Just search until you find someone good.
OMG..other people on the same planet as me!!! I really wish people could see pins and needles and how debilitating it really is. I had a car accident 2 years ago and have since suffered with short sharp pains in my back...almost as if someone is poking a needle in my back, and pins and needles that start at the base of my scull,,they "woosh" over my head and then continue down the left side of my face and occasionally down the rest of the left hand side of my body...I sometimes suffer weakness in that side and a few weeks ago completely lost the ability to walk and was hospitalised for nearly a week. I have had numerous MRI scans which always come back normal and have just recently had a lumbar puncture and evoked respinse test (I am still awaiting the results). Neurologist seems to think it may have something to do with a nerve at the base of my skull  which has gone into overdrive and is looking to send me to Queens Square for it to be removed / turned off....maybe there is an answer?
I have been having migraines since I was 6.  This week I have had 3, never more than one in one week before.  After the second migraine, I got the pins and needles numbness sensation as you described.  It was very weird.  My only thought is that I also have trigeminal neuralgia and think that maybe it was related in some way -- though that is not the place I normally get it.  I hope you find out what it is.  My neurologist is on vacation for 2 weeks, but I never get a call back any way.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Pins and needle sensation may be a part of the aura prior to the migraine headache. In your long history of migraine, were you able to have aura symptoms? These neurological events may last for an hour and usually will fade as the headache begins. Check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Avoiding the recurrence of your migraine attacks by identification of the triggers may help.  Take care and regards.
Hi.  I only have a minute but I wanted to respond to your post.  My sister found you while I was in the hospital over the weekend.  She read me your post over the phone and I felt as if I had written it myself.  The only difference is that my doctor has not mentioned anything about contact lenses, but that I am depressed (even though I don't think I am) and that the depression is causing the symptoms.  I will post more later.  I wanted you to know that I am in the same boat with you.  I have been seeing multiple doctors and complaining for 9 months now.   I am a lifetime migraine person (23 years).  It wasn't until the hospitaliztion this weekend that someone even mentioned "complicated migraine".  I had never heard of it before.  
hi, i have all these symtons also, i just read up about ms and it ticks all the right boxes, look this up and see what you think.
Hi all,
So sorry you are suffering as I am.  I was in a bad car accident 14 years ago, and was whipped again 5 years ago. I suffer from a chronic pain syndrom (syndrome) due to mainly soft tissue damage and facet joint injury to all of my spine...but most
particulary my neck,right side predominantly, and lumber where I have some hot lesions.  Now, after the first 2 years my pain became very manageable as I had nerve blocks and then began to have regular Rhysotomies ,  as in denervations on both my cervical and lumber areas.  I have not had any pain intervention now for over 2 years.  This has been due mainly to the fact that my last time under my chest wall ceased, and I had great difficulty breating  for about 6 weeks.  About 6 months later my system appears to have become distured after getting vaccinations and since that time I have been getting worse and worse. I get pins and needles on the bottom of my feet, which now travels over the whole foot and up to under my knees. It also come on the right side of my face, which was hit during this accident and also all over my head.  It can come all overmy body, as if someone was standing in front of me using me as a pin cushion.  When it goes up into my head I feel dizzy, in fact as if I had no head at all......and at times it can go around my mouth and tongue.  Until I read this site I have not met anyone who is suffeering like this.  I attend a pain management consultant and have had brain MRI Spinal MRI and large nerve conduction studies to date with nothing new from original injuries showing up.  Yes, the name being used for it is Peripheral Neurophathy. Sometimes I find it hard to wark and my feet feel numb out and I am clumsy and on two occassions I could not stand up without help.  I also get a buzzing around my right ear where I got a bang, which is a type of tinnitus and this comes and goes.  I have found the General Practioners to be of little or no help. In fact when it all began I was so worn out and upset that all they could suggest was a Psychiatrist. Now I have no problem seeing a Psychiatrist and had to after this accident, but I do know that what has been happening for the past two years is a very different matter, as it just began literally overnight.  The only other thing I can tie it in with in the fact that I got 5 vaccinations about 3 weeks before it all began.  I do believe that my nerve endings are in overdrive and can feel a point at the base of my neck where what feel like a line of this energy starts and builds from there. I have had problems with both heat and cold,  and now any extreme set the pins and needle feeling off, and also a great big pain in one side of my head with an aura around my eye.  I know it is going to take some time to get sorted..if ever...but do know that it is just not possible to IMAGINE that all of this is happening in ones body..no matter how potty other's think we are.  Just because they know nothing about it, or have not heard of it soes not mean to say it not happening.  I am not diabetic.....this was one of the first tests. All my bloods are normal....which is wonderful....if the rest was under control!  I will see a Neurologist again in 2 weeks time.   Thanks for sharing and I hope this helps someone.
I have had at different times neck pain to the point it required an injection to the area. My recent pain is base of skull and neck left side. This pain gets so bad i have to hold it to try and help it. It becomes worse while driving and sitting at the computor. Visiting the Doctor today for some answers.    Kevin
i have this ,also trouble with my teeth (had root canel on 3 teeth no better ) pain out my left eye  had scans showed uo something at top of spine payed dr 200e 3weeks ago and he said he would look after me but nothing since fed up!!
Hi - if you've had whiplash or other head trauma you could have ended up with a mis-aligned atlas bone - C1 vertebrae.  I did through a problematic birth and ended up going to see a NUCA practioner who, through x-rays and a number of calculations, manouvered it back into position.  Recovery is one month for every year the atlas bone has been misaligned.  I wouldn't recommend seeing any old chiropractor - see a NUCA specialist, costly but worth it.

My brother also had Lymes and having given up on the doctors has treated himself with cats claw and oregano oil - has taken years for him to feel better and still isn't 100% although a lot better than he was before.  May be worth looking into if you don't want to go on the intravenous anti-biotics.
Hi Everyone,

I had an incident where they prematurely closed a boom gate on my helmet driving out. My helmet has a crack in and did feel a bit stiff on my left side of my neck and severe headaches. I thought that would go away. After 2 weeks it got worse. Couldnt turn my head and headaches doesnt go away. my whole body is full of pins and needles and my ears and vision is suffering. I went for an MRI of my spine and everything was ok except for in between C4 and C5 its a bit moved. So the doctor send me for Physio and that didnt help. Went back to the doc and he is sending me now for a Head scan. My neck feels like ongoing burning sensations that goes into my brain and hurts alot. Then my hands cant hold onto things for long. It feels like i lost strenght in them. The numbness over my back and moving down is also annoying and hope that this can just go away. Well i guess i have to find out what the next scan says. Glad to hear that im not the only one that has this problem. Meant in a Nice Way
my mother in law has been feeling this sewing needle pain on her left side of her head and does have fibro it tends to be getting worse. she did have here nerve block needles yesterday Should she be going to the hospital. her blood pressure was 174/102 ?
Dear All,

I'm 36y, male and as many of you, I'm also glad to find this page, able to share understanding of our problems, however hope that many of you are getting better.

I suffer initially from unexplained "pressure" on mainly rights side of the head since last 10 months, however for the last 6 months also strong multiple needles occurred. The feeling i can describe is like getting 10-20 needles in your head (mostly on the right side of the head, just below the scull), repetitive from 1hr up to the whole day, but usually its getting worse true the day.
I went thru CT, MRI, EEG, Neurologist and all showed normal, all doctors stating that the current science knows only about 10% of our brain functions and problems.
However i have to say that for the last 14 days i had completely no pains, pressure or needles, which i cannot say for sure to what i can apply, except that i was alot moving around (sport, outdoor activities etc,..).
I can say that somehow i noticed this needles come when I'm sitting alot (computer, work, TV,..) which means sometimes i seat by 6hrs in a row, not moving and the position of the head-neck is not that it use to be.
I also noticed that usually when i have needled i have dry lips, taking into consideration that i should drink more only water (min 2l per day - coffee, juices don't count as liquid for body).
So to get short on this one, for the last 14 days i was drinking alot of water (min 2l, i didn't use computer, TV and also was free from work, so had lot of social life). And i had no needled and no pressure in my head!!!
However 2 days ago, this came back in huge level, so i had to lie down and ask my girlfriend for some neck massage, massaging neck muscles  and i was also doing exercises for neck (moving head L-R multiple times, doing circles with head). It helped, maybe some of you who didn't try should try.
It is true also that i can say such pains come from some unphisical event (psihological), as doctors found a nevus in the back of my eye, inside the eye, just by chance, by regular optic visit due to my business nature. Pains, as said, mostly pressure at the beginning (like something want to come out of your head, always on different place) and then followed by needles months later. So i cannot rule out psychological reason, as initial doctor words scarred me alot, eventhru later it was found its a benign nevus and i have only regular yearly visit by the oncologist.

Few weeks ago i talked with one doctor, who also told me, that "needles" in head (or any ware) are always related to nerves problems, usually coming from the upper parts of the spine, that couses initial needles in the head, cheeks and corresponding also with other symptoms (nose getting wet, pains in ear, bubbles in ear, dry eyes in the morning,...). Related to this i started to to my neck exercisers, which i can say it helps in some amount.

Secondly, i found out, that when i had that pressure, it was most intense when i was on the sun, with no head covered. Also mush intensified if drinking some energy drinks (RB,...), which gives me a point to find out that for the pressure problems, there could be vegetative reasons.

As I'm writing this, I'm becoming the needles, as its second half of the day coming, so I'm going to do now some neck moving exercisers and later evening some massage of the next muscles.

Hopefully with this i will be able to give some directions to you, maybe even to help somebody.

All the best and wish you all a needless day
DEFINITION CORRECTION!!!

Kindly note i need to correct my statement in that part: "Few weeks ago i talked with one doctor, who also told me, that "needles" in head (or any ware) are always related to nerves problems"

Correct definition of the doctor is:
"Sharp pain - needles, pins - always means skeleton muscle pain"

Apologize for initially wrong translation.
I am also suffering with pin and needles abd tension headaches for the past 6 years. I think it was brought down by stress and anger that I can't change things. I quit my job but still suffering.

From time I wake up till I go to bed I feel the pain and my eye hurts and my ear gets blocked. did MRI, taking neurotin and tegretol no luck. Have another appt with a new neuroglist next week. God help us all.
I am also suffering with the same symptoms and have been for 71/2 years and been to specialist, test, different doctors and i am hoping in march they will tell me what it is that i have for i just had and mri with and without contrast on my brain, chest,neck and spine. I can't take this pain anymore or a doctor telling me its in my head for i know my body and i wish i was better. I have taken so many meds., none have worked for long.. I will keep you all informed on my test...   wish everyone well!!!
Off the wall question...?  Do any of you have cats?
Thank you.
Thank you.
I was reading a blog you put at medhelp.org.  I have a strange question... do you have a cat and/or dog?  Thank you.
I was reading a blog you put at medhelp.org.  I have a strange question... do you have a cat and/or dog?  Thank you
Nov 1012 start the pain in my left side of the head and back of the ears?

Its all started nov 2012 my left head start to feel the pain,so i go to opta coz they say maybe its vision problem then my opta said i have astigmatism,so i wore glasses after a month the headache still there they check again my eye grade is high now.but still have headache daily then i go to family doctor couz i have pain in my neck he refferred me to a bone specialist ,then he told me to have an xray in my head and neck..the result in the head was nothing but in the neck theres a spasm muscle so they said i need to go to therapy..but the therapy wont get away the pain..i go to neurologist expalain it all then he said it was a migraine..many meds i lv been taking still theres pain 2 doctors again iv seen and they said because of the spasm it affects the head because of the muscle in the head.it been many months still they dont want me to go a test like ct scan..what should i do..i feel the headache sometimes numbness in head and face now i feel so weak..pls help
I get this tingling above left ear too. Definitely stress related. The episode at work is an anxiety attack. Had loads. Cannibis prob was what triggered it. Nowt serious and can be contolled . Eleviate yourself of prolonged stressful situation s. Sounds easy but takes time. Gud luck.