Migraines & Headaches Community
Pain and Passing out
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain and Passing out

The other day i developed an exruciating headache. I have never had a migraine but would guess this is what it would be like. The light hurt, it was shooting pain in my head and neck. I also became very lightheaded at one point and felt lie i was going to pass out. Everything went kind of white, and my hearing was "funny", like i couldnt focus. It didnt last long at all...the entire episode was maybe 30 minutes. Any idea what this could be? Just a bad migraine maybe?? It hasn't happened since!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
703821_tn?1231725695
Could be a severe head ache,  could be a migraine, migraines are debilitating. Light sensitivity often accompanies  migraines as does irritation with sound. What you describe as everything going white would concern me, as well as hearing funny. I can never focus when I get a migraine. I have to get alone in a hot tub, hit it with meds, and lie on a bed wedge never flat. This could be anything from an ear(outer/inner) infection, allergies, chemical imbalance, to an onset of migraines. If it happens again, your symptoms are severe enough to justify seeing a doctor. Hope this helped take care.

Daniel
Blank
Hi,

Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms of light sensitivity, pain in head and neck, light headedness, visual and auditory changes are very suggestive of migraine.
It is good that you have not had another attack ever since. However I would advise you to be careful while consuming alcohol, processed meats, cheese, MSG, artificial sweeteners as these are known triggers for migraine.
Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank