Pain and vision Loss in one eye
After lengthy investigation, I have been diagnosed with migraine without headache.  This causes visual disturbances such as vertical doulbe vision, and central blind spot or tunnel vision.  This is usually in both eyes although sometimes I can have different types of disturbance in each eye silmultaneously.  I also have migraines with headache.  I have tried several types of prophylactic drugs but had bad side effects so stopped them.  I intend to continue to pursue this though as I am having migraines about 3 - 4 days per week.

I have just had a 2 day migraine with headache which i treated with sumatriptan at the start but it did not stop the migraine which continued with nausea, slurred speech, visual disturbances and clumsiness. I spoke to my doc on the second day (yesterday), took another dose on his advice and the headache has now gone.

I am still not well though - I had several red veins appear in my right eye at the start of the migraine (the head pain was very severe) and my eye is very painful today.  I also cannot see properly from it although it isn't the same as the usual migraine disturbance.  I simply cannot see out of it very well, everything is dark and blurry but not distorted as usually happens.  My eyeball also hurts when I move it around.  Also, my right eye and eyebrow seem to be drooping and doesn't line up with the other one any more.

Can anyone advise me on whether this is anything more serious than a usual migraine?
How are you? Acephalgic migraines may indeed present with nausea, photophobia, hemiparesis and other migraine symptoms but does not experience headache. The prevention and treatment of this kind of migraine is generally the same as classical migraine. However, if symptoms are usually less severe, treatment is less likely to be required. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination is important.Take care and regards.