Migraines & Headaches Community
Pain in Head just above eye

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Pain in Head just above eye

I am 26 year old male and by profession i am a software Engg. I have a very strange problem, whenever i am on my work i feel fine but on holidays at home i usually feel expreme pain starting from the back to my next towards my left eye, it also feels like puking while i am in pain, it usually happens every weekend, may be because of sitting posture but i dont know why it happens. Can you suggest me anything.

Regards

Navpreet Singh

Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are very suggestive of Migraine. One sided headache with neck pain and nausea are a feature of migraine headache.
I would suggest you to correct your posture because you have mentioned it is getting triggered by bad sitting posture. While sitting make sure you sit erect, do not bend forwards. Do not sit in one posture for long.
You can also maintain a headache diary to identify any food item which may be triggering these headaches. Ice packs on affected part of neck and OTC pain killers will also help.
Please remember the best treatment of migraine is avoidance of trigger.

Take care!

Hello  DrNoopurMD,

I really appritiate your suggestion, i will take care about the things you mentioned. There are couple of more things i wanted in discuss with you in this regard, sometimes i also get cracking sound from my neck, Is it some thing serious? And at the time in pain i ignore taking pain killer i rather apply Iodex Ointment on neck as well as on forehead and it releives me well, so is it right thing to do? And last thing i want to ask, is there any exercise or medicine to cure it or will it bother me through out my life?

Your reply is much appritiated.

Regards

Navpreet Singh

Thanks for writing back.
Cracking sound in the neck may indicate onset of cervical spondylitis or may be simply due to muscle tension. I would suggest you to make sure you do not bend your head too much while working. Always maintain a good posture while sitting or watching TV. Gentle daily neck exercises will also help.
If Iodex is providing you relief there is no harm in continuing it. Hopefully good posture, healthy eating and drinking enough water with daily neck exercises should be able to control your symptoms.

Take care!
Hello DrNoopurMD,

Thanks a ton for your kind help, I really appritiate it that you are giving time to help people like me.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Navpreet Singh