Migraines & Headaches Community
Pain in the back of my head and my neck

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Pain in the back of my head and my neck

What can cause pain in the back of the head and in your neck? I had a fall about 5 years ago. I was on a swing and it snapped and I went backwards landing on my back unto the concrete. I slammed my head so hard to the point where I could not move and my friend had to help me get up. My teachers and friends took me back to school and brought me to the nurse. I was suffering so much pain in my neck and the back of my head. My doctor diagonosed after a week from the accident that i had tendititis. Nothing else was done. I am now having more pain and its very sharp. Some night I cannot fall asleep. Its like a knife in my neck. Ibprofen has not been working. I try to sleep at a certain time but pain prevents me some nights. I can get very stressed with work and school. I never have time for myself some days and it bothers me. I really want to know what i should do.
Hello Dear janet173,
A typical cause headache is cervical spinal injury where the patient experiences headache and pain or numbness radiating from the neck to one shoulder or arm. Although there are no pathological findings the injury causes the pain.You should avoid stress and consult a neurologist for appropriate treatment.Also maintain a straight posture and take a soft pillow.Neck exercises and physiotherapy will help you.
Best