Migraines & Headaches Community
Pain in upper left side of my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Pain in upper left side of my head

I been experiences a constant pain for the past seven days in the upper left my of my head, above my left eye. It bothers me the most when i eat, if i was to move my tongue towards the upper right side of my mouth i feel the pain the most. Im 29 years old, consider to be healthy, I had my last physical in july of 2007. Everything was fine.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Differentials will be a trigeminal neuralgia and a dental or gum problem.Trigeminal neuralgia may present with extreme pain over the areas innervated by the trigeminal nerve or cranial nerve 5. These are the areas over the temples, the cheeks and along side the jaw. The pain may triggered and aggravated by otherwise painless stimuli like brushing the teeth, combing the hair and lightly touching the face.

Is this true in your case?

Also, a dental or gum problem has to be ruled out.

When was the last time you visited your dentist?

Do you have any eye problems?