Migraines & Headaches Community
Pain is making me insane

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Pain is making me insane

anyone in RI or southeastern massachusetts know a Dr. that will prescribe Fiorinal for migraines- It is the only thing that works for me- I used to be on 30 per month and always took as prescribed- used them sparingly. then all of a sudden my a hole dr says that there was a study done that shows ibuprophen works just as good- well ibuprophen doesn't even take away mild headaches for me. He has stopped prescribing the fiorinal and now i'm bedridden for 2 weeks out of the month because of the horrible migraines. This is not right and I'm mad as he double hocky stix. I don't think i should have to suffer when i took my meds as prescribed for ten years with this Dr. please help i cannot tolerate the level of pain these migraines cause and they last non stop for DAYS. my life is on hold when i get one- I missed thanksgiving with my daughter who i only get to see twice a year because i was in bed w bad migraine-thanks to no med that used to make me be abke to function!
I'm sorry your doctor isn't listening.  Different things work for different people.  

Neem has been found to help people with migraines.  It comes in many forms.  Go to a healthfood store and talk to them about neem for migraines.  My sister has had great luck with butterbur.  Feverfew is another herb that is supposed to help.  

A high dose of riboflavin (vitamin B-2) also may prevent migraines by correcting tiny deficiencies in the brain cells. Coenzyme Q10 supplements may be helpful in some individuals. Oral magnesium sulfate supplements may reduce the frequency of headaches in some people.  Another way to get magnesium into your body is to take a soak in a warm tub with Epsom salts.  Most people are deficient in magnesium, and I take it every day as magnesium citrate.  I have conquered my migraines, but it turned out mine were also caused by certain foods, like gluten and nuts.  
You don't mention trying any daily preventative migraine medications.  Your doctor may have stopped giving you the Fiorinal because the regulations are intimidating regular doctors.  You may need to try a pain management doctor to get the heavier pain killers.  But don't take any pain reliever more than 2 times a week or you risk more severe rebound migraines.  That's why you should be taking a daily preventative med.  If they don't work, then Botox should work.

Also I used to think that Fiorcet worked best and was the only pain pill to help me, until I found Maxalt.  Have you tried that one?

And don't take any herbal medications unless you have had them tested by consumerlabs.com.  Many of them have lead and other toxins.  My nephrologist was entirely against me trying them due to the unknown toxins.  

But I did find an herbal one called Petadolex that did help me which is manufactured in Germany and that government does test all their vitamins and herbals unlike our FDA.  That medication was recommended to me by  my neurologist.