Pain isolated to the left side of brain
Recently, I started having a pain on the left side of my brain. I only feel it on the left top side of my brain. It started a week now. I am unsure of what caused the pain. I don't get the pain anywhere else. Please provide with further information with what course of action I should take. Is medical attention necessary or should I just wait it out?
Ravinh,

I would start with your primary doctor.  Make sure that you tell your primary what kind of pain you are having, where exactly it hurts, and how long it lasts.  My primary made me go through a barrage of tests (blood work, urine, MRI, EKG, hearing, balance tests).  Finally, I was instructed to go see my neurologist.  

After talking with my neuro, I was diagnosed with migraines.  I am still in the middle of finding which medications and diets work for me.  I was instructed to keep a headache diary to see what triggered my headaches.  In addition, I am doing research on my symptoms and I plan to bring what I find to my neuro at my next appointment.  I think that if you really want to find out what's wrong, you have to work in tandem with your doctor.

Thanks for writing in.
Pain on one side of the head raises the suspicion of migraine. Migraine headaches are usually throbbing in nature and accompanied by symptoms like light sensitivity, nausea and dizziness.
Other possibilities include sinusitis, ear infections, head injury and headache due to neck issues like cervical spondylitis or disc prolapse.
I would suggest you to take OTC pain killers and see if there is improvement. If the symptoms do not improve, please consult your PCP. Take care!