Pain on scalp at root of hair
Over the last 10 years I've had several times when I get very severe pain on my scalp, it feels like it's from or at the root of my hair.  What might cause this & should I see a physician about this?
How  are you? Are there other symptoms present? Scalp pain may be caused by muscle or neurological issues such irritated nerve, trigeminal neuraligia, or  temporal arteritis. Trigeminal neuraligia usually presents with  severe knife like pain that is sharp and electric while temporal arteritis causes tenderness over the temporal  regions of the scalp and is associated with headaches or visual problems.  It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Your complete medical history and direct clinical examination and additional diagnostic tests such as MRI and blood tests may be done to help with the diagnosis. Take care and regards.