Migraines & Headaches Community
Painful headaches, light sensitivity, fever, exhaustion.

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have had painful headaches all day everyday, and it seems that the only time that I do not realize I have one is when I sleep. I wear glasses and the prescription is correct but it doesn't help any. My headaches increase when I do not wear sunglasses or when I am in a dimly lit room. My eyes have become sensitive to the light now. Also, I have had a low grade fever that never gets above 100 every single day for the past 2 months. I am always exhausted and I have lost my appetite for most foods. I sleep for 7-8 hours or more every night and I am still exhausted during the day. I was tested for Mono and Thyroid problems and the test came back normal. The only pain medication that I can take is acetaminophen, everything else will close my airway from swelling. What should I do???  PLEASE HELP ME!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other laboratory tests done like complete blood count? The presence of fever may also indicate an infection. You may need to have your eyes checked again if you are more sensitive to light now. Try to avoid the triggers that you identified ( staying in a dark room or not wearing your glasses) to prevent recurrences of your headache. If you have allergic reaction to medicines, try complementary and alternative medicine like biofeedback, self-hypnosis and other relaxation techniques. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thanks! I will definitely do that asap.
To to get relief from headache naturally, the full pranayam exercises are described below.Do it seriously, regularly  and at the suggested duration, and you can call it a cure or control without medication.
Initially do Anulom Vilom (as much as you can) for the fist few days and then start the full set of pranayam.This works gradually, so allow time (1 week upto 24 weeks) and concentrate fully on the breathing. Avoid cold drinks and drink warm water.

Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 15 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom -  Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep breaths into the lungs.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times

Continue the pranayam once a day to stay healthy.The factors helping are the extra oxygen and the relaxation(reduced stress) you get when doing the breathing exercises.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Just checking on you if you still have fever and the other symptoms you mentioned. Were you able to have your eyes checked? Try the relaxation technique posted above and do keep us posted.  Take care always.