Popping/Sharp Pain
For the past three nights I have been experience extreme pain in my head.  It feels like it is right behind or above my left eyeball and sometimes makes it feel like my eye is going to explode.  I have also been feeling pain on the upper left side of my head and sometimes it will feel like something has popped and then there will be a really sharp, stabbing pain that follows immediately after the popping feeling.

I have never had migraines before -- is that what this is?  Or is it something else?
I would see a neurologist, you sound like you may be suffering from cluster headaches. They're intense, sudden sharp pain much like what you describe.

Do you have other symptoms such as a runny or stuffy nose, a watery eyes and/or swelling of both or one eye, a little drooping of your eye, flushing of the face/cheeks or redness of your eye during these attacks? Those also are symptoms of cluster headaches.
My eyes get really watery during them.  Haven't checked on flushing of the face/cheeks.  I don't think my eye gets read.  Haven't noticed a runny or stuffy nose.  My left eye (where the pain is near) has been more closed/droopy than my right eye for a few years -- so not sure if that's related.