Positional Headaches?
I'm 17 years old and for the past 3 years or more I've been getting these very strange headaches. I only just recently switched to a pediatric doctor, and she was the first to address the situation.
The headaches occur every few months and it is dependant on positional changes. The last time I had them was in late March so it's hard for me to remember exactly but I'll do my best. I can start pain free from any position, and then the second I move I feel a dull but strong pain on the right side of my head. I can pinpoint the pain to the top and back of my head. If you were to draw a line from the top of my ears across the back of my head, the pain starts about 2 inches above that line on the right side. It radiates out from that point for a couple of inches on each side and covers the most drastic curves of the back of my head, but doesn't reach foreward toward my temples nor to past the central line of my head.
They have gotten to the point in the past year where if I stand from a seated position I have to stand still for 10-20 seconds holding on to my head until the pain subsides. It only lasts a short while (at most 30 seconds), but happens any time I change positions. This includes walking up stairs or turning a corner quickly. I also can feel it if I sneeze, caugh and sometimes even laugh.
I had an MRI on Monday and it came out clean except that my "pituitary is prominent with a convex dorsum extending to the hypothalimus... measuring just over one centemeter." But the pituitary should give me headaches closer to my temple rather than the back of my head. I have no aneurysms which is what my doctor expected.
I am also suspected to have Ehlers-Danlos syndrom but have not yet gone to the geneticist to get a diagnosis. I am supposed to have a follow up MRI to check on my pituitary, but my assumtion is that will take at least half a year. I am also going to a hand doctor to get a ganglion cyst in my wrist.
Other things that my mother and I have considered as possible symtoms are
-eye pain (as if I have a bruise on the top/inside of my right eye)
-constant muscle twitches (for example in my left thumb, right upper arm[during the MRI :P] and my upper left thigh.)
-floaters in my vision. Some flashing
-ringing in my ears
If you have any ideas of what could cause the headaches I'd be very greatful to hear ideas.
How are you? Spinal headaches are a type of headache that occurs when the pressure in the skull becomes low, usually from a loss of the spinal fluid that surrounds the brain and the nerves in the spine. The headache that results from a loss of spinal fluid is unique in that the headache is much worse when standing, and almost resolves by simply lying down. Associated symptoms include a significant posterior neck pressure, neck stiffness, visual changes, vertigo, hearing loss, extreme nausea, radicular nerve pain in the arm, and sometimes a tremor, rigidity or postural instability. Most patients respond to blood patches, and surgery if necessary.  
(http://www.spinalheadache.org/patientinfo.htm)

I hope this helps. Take care and keep us posted.