Pressure, than bad headaches when laying down
As soon as I lay down in bed, or a recliner chair, I start to feel pressure in the back of my head starting a headache. I wake up with a bad headache, every single day. When I get up, to walk, the headaches subsides a bit, but never goes away, many times it is a 10 all day long.
Blood pressure is excellent , had every MRI, CT and X Ray possible, what could I have that causes this headache. I am a 51 year old male. Healthy, no smoke no drink. 6' 2" , 185 lbs. All  the scans were negative, brain scan, neg also. I been to the Chiropractors', had trigger point injections, facet injections, even acupuncture, no help from the headaches/pain.
Have you heard of this type of headache? Worse when laying down ?
Please help me out, or steer me in the right direction.
I am seeing a Neurologist right now. Do I have, Occipital Neuralgia, Giant Cell Arteritis, too much or little Brain Fluid, Cervicogenic Headaches?
Overactive Thyroid?
Any idea what type of headache I suffer?
I live in Palm Springs Ca.
Any advice??? I thank you very much!

Dear Patient
I would let the neurologist do all his/her tests and if they can not find any cause please read my blog on headaches and see a NM dentist by referring to www-top3dentist.com
It could be due to misalignment in your bite!!!! Just another thought.....
Sincerely
Dr. Mehregan
I was surprised to see someone with the same complaint as mine.  Most people say they get relief of headache when lying down. Likeyou, I have the opposite.  I usually don't get much sleep at all as I work the graveyard shift and it's difficult to get normal sleep.  On the nights when I am off and get a decent amount of sleep, I am usually woken up in middle of night with monsterous headache.  They last for hours.  I usually have to take Vicodin and 4 motrin just to take most of the edge off.  I have several problems with my neck--herniated disk, arthritis, bone spurs.  Pain management MD has assumed them to be cervicogenic (pain originating from muscles in neck)--I have always felt that there was an increased pressure in my head and the longer I lie down, the worse the pressure gets.  I recently had a new symptom and am curious if you have had anything similiar--I was woken up by a whooshing sound in my head--like a fan going with the pace of my heartbeat.  I know this to be a Pulsatile Tinnitus.  I can also hear the sound with stethoscope on right side of neck.  I think it is all due to the problems with my neck--something causing pressure on blood vessel that is then causing increased pressure in brain.  Any similar problems with you?  I have another MD appt next week and will bring up the issue then--if I find out anything that can help you, I'll let you know