Pressure migraine with facial numbness
The pressure on the left side of my head is unbearable with added symptom of right side facial numbness during migraine now - have had to come off Topirimate due to severe side effects - don't know if anyone can suggest another medication I could mention to my GP and if anyone else is suffering this intense pressure and what have you had done about it?
I am by no means a Dr., but I have had migraines since I was 5 years old and it took me years to figure out what they were so I just suffered with them until I was an adult. My Dr. has prescribed nerve medications like klonopin and valium not sure how to spell those, but they have ALWAYS helped! I dont mean take the meds after you get the migraine but to be on them daily so that its in your system. I can safely say that as long as I have been on one of these I dont get migraines. If I miss taking it then its inevitable, I will have one. If you dont want to take something like that then there's Vistaril. I take it daily. It's not a narcotic or controlled substance but it helps with pain, and nerves and I dont get the headaches as long as I take it daily. Hope this helps!
Brilliant thanks for the advice, I'll ask my Dr about these x