Aa
A
A
Close
Pressure migraine with facial numbness
The pressure on the left side of my head is unbearable with added symptom of right side facial numbness during migraine now - have had to come off Topirimate due to severe side effects - don't know if anyone can suggest another medication I could mention to my GP and if anyone else is suffering this intense pressure and what have you had done about it?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am by no means a Dr., but I have had migraines since I was 5 years old and it took me years to figure out what they were so I just suffered with them until I was an adult. My Dr. has prescribed nerve medications like klonopin and valium not sure how to spell those, but they have ALWAYS helped! I dont mean take the meds after you get the migraine but to be on them daily so that its in your system. I can safely say that as long as I have been on one of these I dont get migraines. If I miss taking it then its inevitable, I will have one. If you dont want to take something like that then there's Vistaril. I take it daily. It's not a narcotic or controlled substance but it helps with pain, and nerves and I dont get the headaches as long as I take it daily. Hope this helps!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Brilliant thanks for the advice, I'll ask my Dr about these x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Pressure migraine with facial numbness
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923_tn?1452919248