Migraines & Headaches Community
Pressure on Forehead, stiff neck, lightheadedness

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have these weird symptoms that I have no idea what they are from and I thought maybe someone here could help me.  I am 28 years old, I have a constant daily pressure on my forehead and between my eyes.  sometimes it gets so bad that I feel as if my forehead is pulling me forward and I am going to faint.  I dont get any dizziness but I do get this feeling as if I cant concentrate, very light, kinda floating feeling.  I went to a doctor and he said I have allergies and he gave me nasonex or something like that and some allergy pills none of which helped.  I had a CT which pretty much was fine other than a recommendation to see an ENT to makre sure.
I have never fainted or anything but sometimes i do panic a bit and my heartbeat goes up and I start sweating but Ive more or less gotten use to it so it doesnt happen that much anymore.  
When it gets really bad it only does so for a few minutes and then back to the normal pressure.
I dont smoke (quit a few months ago), drink only on occasion when i go out, and try to maintain a healthy life style (gym, exercise, etc..)

Anyone have any clue what is causing this?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Have you had your consultation with an ENT ?

Do you have any problems with your vision? Any eye redness or tearing?

Do you experience any nasal discharge or fullness in the ears?

Any other associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting?

I suggest you have your blood pressure evaluated. Also thyroid hormone levels and a cardiac evaluation may help. Assessment of your neck vessels may also be essential as decreased blood flow to the brain may present with dizziness and faintness.

Do keep us posted with your answers.
The ENT says I have allergies which swell up something in my nose(I dont remember what the exact term is) and he gave me pills and spray which didnt help.

No vision problems other then sometimes my eyes kinda focus in and out but i can control it.

No nasal discharge or fullness of the ears

No nausea or vomiting other than the tiredness from fighting the pressure on my forehead.

Blood pressure is perfect, Blood tests are perfect.  

Neck vessels would be interesting to check especially since a few months ago I got out of a jacuzzi and slipped and my neck went flying back and was sore for about 3 days but everything after was fine so i never went to see a doctor.  What doctor do I see for neck vessels?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Was  the sensation of head "pressure" present before you even slipped and hurt your neck?

Cervical spine trauma may impinge or irritate the nerves in the neck, also this may involve the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain and spinal cord.A feeling of dizziness and lightheadedness may be associated with narrowing of neck vessels due to a blood clot and fatty deposits.

I suggest you have your neck evaluated.A cervical spine CT scan will be able to help. Also a duplex scan of the carotid arteries may be beneficial.

An internist/neurologist will be able to help you.

I just found this article because i googled my symptoms, and it would appear we are experiencing the exact same things, for me they started a few months ago, at first they creeped me out, i started looking up information on brain tumors, but ive decided its something other than that, i'm still not positive on what it is but i asked my mom if she had ever experienced similar symptoms during her youth and she said she had, almost every symptom i described she had experienced, i chose to ask her because she gets regular migraines once a month usually around her time of the month. Now, im a guy so i obviously dont have a time af the month so there are probably other triggers, my grandfather also had migraines in his youth, they involved sensitivity to light and sounds and vomiting, i on the other hand have not experienced a migraine such as this but i would assume that my body/brain is making some form of change and i am possibly becoming a victim of migraines, i am planning on getting a blood test soon just to see, but like you i have perfect blood pressure and am in good shape, i would like to also note that my symptoms are NOT constantly active, in fact i only notice them when i am inactive, such as watching tv or messing around on the computer, i dont notice the symptoms if i am active

Male 18 years old, no known allergies, no serious health problems so far
Follow up: i dont know why i didnt write this in the last post but if anyone one has anything they would like to reccomend or just ask i am open to anything at this point, so please al the help i can get is great
Hi, I also have these pressure on my head too not everyday but just days when I actually focus on it like thinking about it all the time and i do find that I get it when i stress and get angry or agitated...I must say its not a nice feeling at all because its like your whole forehead pulls stiff and ur head feels like theres a brick on it lol and when u speak to a doctor they say its sinus and stress but they dont understand what u say when u speak about this pressure they look at u like u stupid but yes i went for bloods everything is normal... I really dont know what to do anymore.. are you still getting it though???