Migraines & Headaches Community
Questions Cervical DDD contribute to Migraines and sleep apnea

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have Cervical C5-C6 Spondolysis herniated dics........

Will or can this contribute to migraines? also to Sleep Apnea?

If you have any links please post them,

Thanks in advance.
?
Hi.  My husband's discs are not herniated, but he does have bulging discs in his cervical spine.  He constantly has migraine headaches.  Have you seen a chiropractor?  They may be able to help alleviate some of the symptoms.  I wish I could be of more help.

jfreake
Thanks.

I have been to a chiropractor in the past, currently I cannot afford it.

I have heard about Cervical Spine issues and Sleep Apnea in the past put cannot pinpoint any information specifically for the C5-6.  Then I just thought about migraines also maybe.

Has your husband had any relief?  I loved my chiro and hopefully in the next year I can revisit.  I was going to have surgery but elected to try the Chiro......I have not had the new chiro treatment that is like traction with that machine.......does he get that?

I'm not sure about herniations of the cervical spine in conjunction with Sleep Apnea.  I work in a clinic and I can ask one of the doctors here about that though, and I will get back to you.

We have an awesome chiropractor as well.  Her name is Dr. Deborah Heim and she practices in Shoreview, MN.  My husband has gotten relief with her, but as you may already know, sometimes manipulating the spine can cause more inflammation for a bit.  My husband does get horrible migraines from the bulging discs and when he goes to Deb, he usually feels better, especially if he ices his neck afterwards.  Of course, the pain really never goes away completely, but he feels a lot better.

Like I said before, I will get back to you about the connection between cervical spine herniations and sleep apnea, okay?  :)  Ttyl!

jfreake
Yes, thanks much.

I have several issues unfortanatly and trying to put some of them together.

Have a great weekend!