Migraines & Headaches Community
Really Bad Head Ache On Right Side...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Really Bad Head Ache On Right Side...

Hello. I am currently 17 and have been dealing with these head aches since I was 16. I have had just really bad head aches on my right side for months now and have seeked medical help. A couple months ago I had my doctor check me looking into my eye, trying to see if he could notice any typical signs of a problem with my brain. He said everything looked fine but to have a scan done. I went to get an (either an mri or cat scan I forget) but we received a cd-rom of my brain showing white moving throughout my brain. When examined by my doctor and the place I got scanned at they said they noticed nothing wrong. I noticed a giant patch of white always there and my doctor said it was nothing but sinuses. After a while I just kind of gave up on the head aches. They noticed nothing there so I figured i was fine. I dealt with the pain, having no advil or tylenol pill doing the trick for my pain. Then came the problem with my eye. The head aches run all along the right side of my head and no where else, Includng above my right eye. There is a spot also i should mention on the top right side of my head where if i push down I get bad pain similar to the head ache. I dont know if that is any help. Anyway, I am in school and all of a sudden my friend turns to me and says "Oh my god what is wrong with your eye?" So I go to check and my whole right corner of my eye like a ring around the colored part was blodd shot like crazy. Similar to a popped blood vessel in my eye. The "popped blood vessel" look has happened only a few times but the head aches always come and go. I have experienced bad dizzyness and light headedness also. I have also recently have had bad balancing issues and every once in a while I notice I am messing up words where i will go to say a sentence and accidently say the begining of one word and the ending to another word. That might just be a coincidence though. My doctor said that I might have cluster head aches but he doubted it because it starts later in life he said. Usually around 20's - 40's I saw on another forum post. I am also worried about a brain tumor because some symptoms of that are involved with my head ache. I AM OVER WEIGHT so I dont know how much of a factor that is. I am definitlely over 100 lbs of what i should be. for a 17 year old, my height is some where around 5'6" and I weigh around 265-270. I greatly appreciate the help to who ever gives me some advice because I am so worried about this. Thank you so much.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good that the MRI or CT scan was normal. Were you able to have  your eyes checked by an eye doctor? Brain tumors usually presents with pain that progressively worsens, projectile vomiting, possible visual disturbances speech or personality changes; problems with equilibrium, gait, or coordination; and seizures. At this point have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care  and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Do you still experience these headaches? Were you able to go to your doctor? Weight and posture can also possible have effects. But it is important that you can identify possible triggers of your headache so that you can avoid them. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care always.
Hi if anyone knows a cure please let me know I'm 20 and I never normaly worry about headache or pains but this is having a impact on my life I've had constant head ache for 2 weeks now they have disappeared even for a second unless I'm asleep. They just sometimes feel more painful or I can just cope but I can feel a dull pain.. Its always been on my right side but now feel its traveling to the centre behind my eye I'm getting really worried as when I'm at work even if I turn on bend down to get something I feel sick and dizzy and start hearing ringing in my ears!! Help!
I Am 15, and its been about almost two months i have been having really bad headaches but only one one side of my head(right side). I went to go see a docotor, and he said its my neck. He told me go get massages  and to strech. For the past two weeks, they have gotten worse. Ive been feeling sick and dizzie. These headaches are making it hard for me to enjoy everyday life. Ive thrown up a couple times. And yes, i have gone to get an eye check up and the massages. I stay up crying and cant sleep. The pain was sharp but now it feels like pressure against my skull. PLEASE write me back.