Migraines & Headaches Community
Really bad head and neck pain =/

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Really bad head and neck pain =/

I don't even know if I'm putting this in the right spot! I'm new to this! But lately I have been having horrible pain. My father [whose a heath freak] tells me that its just my muscles since I haven't used them in forever [I just had a baby 6 weeks ago] But what happens is in the morning, my neck hurts if I move my head up and down, and my back kills me!! After I move around for a while, the back pain gets better, but today, I have extreme pain at the base of my head and its usually only if I stretch my muscles out, like look down or something. and I just want opinions and such on what others think it might be. I was at my postpartum checkup yesterday and they said it was fine, but also today, I got this weird dizzy/lightheaded spell that made my heart race really fast and I felt as though I was going to just pass out. When I ate something that got better but hasn't gone away. I'm still a little dizzy, and my heart feels like its racing. [high blood pressure and tachycardia runs in the family] I also have very bad eye problems so i think thats what is causing the headache above my eyes, but what about my temple too??? Man alive, I feel like I'm all messed up.
I honestly think it might be my muscles...but how do I fix it?! Its so hard to take care of a new born baby with all this pain!!
HELP PLEASE =/
also to add to it, I get reallllly bad pressure feeling too, and i get the pressure in my ears to..my dad [again] says thats the muscles being to tight because you got tubes for you ears that run along your scalp and when the muscles are tight the obviously push on those tubes causing pressure...rightt?
Chrristinna,  I think in another post you mention Excedrin.  How often do you take it?  How often do you get headaches?   Migraines and neck/upper back muscles are connected.  Tight neck and back muscles can contribute to headache and vice versa.  Try getting a good massage of your back and around your shoulder blades and see if it helps.  Also, if you take Excedrin or another analgesic too frequently, it can CAUSE a headache (rebound).  Migraine can cause the pressure feelings too.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Pain at the back of head or neck that intensifies upon movement is caused by inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. Anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants may help. Eye problems indeed may cause headache and dizziness and needs to be evaluated by your opthalmologist for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.  
I dont take excedrin that much anymore. i have only taken it once in the past 2 weeks. im going to the doctor in the morning beccause the pain is so intense i cant stand it anymore, im having alot of problems in other areas now too, so hopefully they can tell me whats wrong, i wont leave untill they do lol.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to see your doctor? What diagnostic tests were done? I hope they were able to find the reason for your headaches and neck pains. Hope to hear from you soon.
Yes I went to the doctors. Its my muscles, lack of iron in my diet, and my eyes that are causing all the problems (o: everything is fine though, feeling a lot better
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is good that the underlying cause of your neck pain were identified. Just take the prescribed medications and eyeglasses, if indicated. In no time at all, everything will be back to normal. :) Take care always!