Migraines & Headaches Community
Residual Pain from a Headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Residual Pain from a Headache

I am 21 and was on the plane descending and from one instant to another, I was normal and then in extreme pain.  I felt it right behind my left eye, I suppose behind my eyebrow and up.  Later it moved to pretty much my whole forehead.  This lasted for 10 minutes at least although I lost track of how long it must have been.  It didn't affect my vision or any abilities except that the pain was overwhelming.  I have never experienced anything like this before except for a few minor problems when descending on a plane.  I figured it is probably something to do with my sinus and I was a bit stuffed up this morning, but I could still breathe from my nose.  I'm still experiencing some residual pain on the left side that hasn't gone away since.  I'm interested in pursuing a career as a pilot and I'm rather worried about this.  Any ideas?
Avatar n tn
There is a possibility of sinusitis. Please get yourself examined by a physician. Tke care!
hi, well good luck for your career!.

As noops01 adviced,please consult an ENT surgeon, as pain associated with flying are more related to middle and inner ear pathology although in 90% of cases it is normal to have these pains during descent.
Avatar n tn
Don't worry.  I started flying when I was very young and was always in great pain during and after landing- never going up.  As stated - was ears.  Also, by dropping so fast your cerebral spinal fluid pressure "I think" is fluctuating.  Don't worry about the career at all.  Climbers in Colorado use medications to control it.
I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT THIS - OTHER THAN IF YOU DON'T OUTGROW IT - THERE ARE MED MANAGEMENT APPROACHES THAT YOUR DOCTOR WOULD KNOW.  Just to try - run it by the doc - approximately2-3 hours before the next time you land take Advil and Sudafed.  That might even be enough.  Good Luck.