Migraines & Headaches Community
Reverse C curve,migraines,now a complex

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Reverse C curve,migraines,now a complex

I was 17 when I fell on my left shoulder out of a car coming to a stop. I didn't see a doctor at that time. I was 25 when I had my first migraine. My son was 5 months old and I stared to use this thing called "health rider" for excercise. Within a week I had my first migraine and trip to the ER for help. They took xrays and did a CAT scan. The doctor said he didn't see any brain bleeds or tumor. I was given demoral to my back side and was asked 20 minutes later how I felt, and I remember saying" I would be feeling pretty darn good if it wasn't for this headache. Then I got another injection on the other side of vistoril. That knocked me out cold. I felt better the next day but started having a dull annoying headache the next day that got worse the following day and I could only do the basics with my baby, but by the next day I had to call a friend to help me with my son until his dad came home and take back to ER. This went pretty much the same pattern for several months. In despiration I saw a chiropractor and he took xrays and showed me that everything from my shoulders up was shifted to the right and that natural curve of my neck was reversed. I still don't understand why I wasn't made aware of this during the mant ER visits. I was adjusted often until my vertabrae met and could go no further due to bone degeneration, That was the first of several migraine cycles that would last in varying degrees for any odd number of years, I am now 42. In may I slpped just a bit getting out of the tub and it appears to have started a nonstop migraine. Been to two neurosugeons that tells me herniated discs and herniated disc aren't bad enough to operate on and that I she see a neurologist and focus on fixing the C curve ( the second doctor I thought WAS a neurologist). A week ago I was driving with my friend and had a complex migraine. I am a home health nurse and am usually alone so I feel so fortunate she got to the hospital. This is frustrating me because now I have to beg to be seen by neurology and I am afraid to drive before being seen. My pcp is away so he can't help but the intensity of this pain is crppling
My pcp gave pain meds that used when I couldn't take anymore of the just pushing through the pain. My family, my doctor and my friends push me to take them for some relief. Now I find out that taking opiods might keep me from getting into a neurologist and getting treated.