Migraines & Headaches Community
Right sided headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Right sided headache

I am a 21-year-old male, overweight. Today I went to the doctor's for right-side abdominal pain and after several tests including a CT Scan with contrast, they said I had some swollen lymph nodes and they put me on some antibiotics.

About 20 minutes ago, I started getting a weird headache in my right temple. It started out with an odd kind of twitch in my right temple and then it was just this dull pain. The pain has persisted, and though it isn't that bad, it does bother me a little. It is more sensitive to the touch than my left side and more sensitive whenever I raise my head up or do things that make the muscles on that side move, such as opening my eyes wider. Usually while I make the muscles on that side do something, it doesn't really hurt, but right after I do something I get a real tight feeling in the muscles in my temple and extending to my cheek. Getting up or moving doesn't affect it, but looking to my left triggers the same tightening feeling. Also, I get a burning pain on my right temple when I pull on my hair toward the right side of my head (I have been doing a lot of things to see what triggers pain so that is how I know about this). I don't have any problems with my vision or my balance.

I have had many headaches over the last couple of years including a couple located only in the right side, one of which sent me to the ER and only turned out to be a sinus infection and some inflammation in the mastoid area. Most of my headaches are either in the right side or in the back of my head. I haven't taken any pain relievers for the headache because I am not sure if I should with the antibiotics.

Anybody got any ideas of what could be going on? Does it sound serious or does it sound like a problem with my muscles?
Hello Dear,

You  can try some easy remedies at home like;
- Enhance maintaining balance by learning exercises from a trained physiotherapist
- Reduce stress
- Practice Aerobic exercises
- Develop a regular sleep pattern

You should avoid diet drinks,tobacco,caffeine,take plenty of water to ensure the blood pressure does not drop due to exercise, high stress activities and hot climate.
Neck exercises and yoga will help you.. You can take some NSAID for the pain.You should get your blood pressure levels monitored.It could be a type of migraine but confirmatory diagnosis should be done consulting the neurophysiian.
Refer http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Dizziness.html

Best