Seasonal Migraines??
I was wondering if migraines can be seasonal.   I seem to always get frequent migraines in the fall.  It makes me wonder if these migraines are being triggered by something atmospheric, like pollen or something else.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I tend to have an increase in migraines during major changes of weather.  In Indiana we often have a month b/t winter-spring or fall-winter where it can be warm for a few days and then really cold for a few days (switching back and forth).  For me these are the times I have the most migraines.
Could it be related to the beginning of the school year?  or it could be allergy related bringing them on.  I am allergic to chemical or strong fumes that will bring on my headaches and inner ear problems so you may when you get one check back step by step to see what happened as far back as the day before to see what you did.  
I also experience an increase in migraines during changes in weather- especially fall.  I will go 3 months with out one and then have 2 in one week.  Often times it starts with a sinus headache and escalates to a migraine.  I feel a lot of pressure, especially under my eyes and between my eyes.  Other times, my migraines start with blind spots and blurred vision well before the killer headache even kicks in.  I think you are on to something with the atomosphere and pollen ideas.
hi,

Switzer,

You are right migraines can be seasonal .

There are many triggers of migraine including dietary , environment , emotional , hormonal.

Environmental factors that can trigger a migraine include a change in climate or weather (such as a change in humidity or temperature), a change in altitude or barometric pressure, high winds, traveling, or a change in routine.  

Other environmental triggers include a bright or flickering light (sunlight reflections, glare, fluorescent lighting, television, or movies), extremes of heat and sound, and intense smells or vapors.

Many patients misdiagnose their headaches as "sinus headaches" because they are more common in spring and fall. Many of these patients are actually experiencing headaches caused by the rapid fluctuations that occur during those seasons.

Take care .

i suffer from seasonal migraines. i get them mainly in the winter time. my doctor says that they are caused by low seratonin levels. im not depressed or anything like that, i just need more sunlight. i purchased a "happy light" or a UV light. it really helps me and my doctor says it helps boost my seratonin levels. you can also take anti-depressants to boost your levels. i would check with your doctor about this too. good luck