Migraines & Headaches Community
Seeking info on EMF's as a cause of Migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Can anyone please provide me with any current studies or authorative sources regarding Electromagnetic power sources as a causes of Migraines.  On the face of it, it seems absurd that this could be a cause because it's something that cannot be readily seen and rarely measured, but I have reason to believe that it could be a cause.  My wife suffers from multiple monthly Migraines and we have searched relentlessly for a cause.  Recently we had what appears to be substantial and repeatable evidence that EMF's could cause Migraines and it comes from surprising sources.  I plan to discuss our evidence and research with my wife's Neurologist.  I would like to find out if there are ongoing medical studies being conducted in this area.  I realize this seems out there, but living with Migraines like my wife has drives one to seek causes and find solutions.  I thank the Professional community for any help.
Tags: Migraines, "migraines, EMF
I have chiari malformation headaches/body pain. Emf definitely makes me worse. I know this may sound silly, but I just learned from a health practitioner I go 2  ( he does medical qigong and is located in Nashville) that the mineral tektite helps to minimize the negative effects from emf. I'll have to c how it works for me. I just bought some on amazon.com.

I go for treatment at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago.

One thing I've known to help some people is 1000 mg of magnesium every day. It's a very simple, non-invasive, and inexpensive thing to try.

btw I just joined this group so I could answer your question. I'm wary of invasive treatments. I've been especially helped by myofascial release ( a holistic form of physical therapy), Cranio-sacral treatment, and medical qigong. I would have thought these treatments were hoaky (no disrespect to Virginia Tech) before I realized that they helped me.

One more thing. I bought my wife a wireless weather forcast thing that had a part attached to the modem. It immediately made me feel sick, made my arms aand legs hurt, and made my blood pressure go really high. My wife nearly took me to the emergency room, but I unhooked the weather thing, and used a cranial stimulator (don't rush out to buy one) that did bring down my blood pressure.
I have done quite a bit of research since my original post of March last year.  There are so many variables to this EMF quandry, I can actually understand why Doctor's really don't want to go here (EMF research).  I thought that I myself was not affected by EMF until I restarted using  ink and laser printers.  For my wife's sake, I keep them off when not using them.  When I do turn either on, I too can feel what appears to be raised blood pressure.  In fact as I'm writing this, I will try at a later time taking my blood pressure pre-printing and after turning  a printer on and see if there is a difference or if the sensation I feel is kind of a touch sensation.  After all, electrons can be described just like a carbonated beverage released from pressure - fizzing all over!!.  I'll post the results after setting up the experiment.
Just a note to all reading this post:  We have conclusively identified why my wife migraines are caused by electromagnetic fields (EMF).  Due to stainless steel sutures used to close her skull after brain surgery and clipping, the metal reacts to other metals that may or maynot be electrified.  The key field is the magnetic portion of the EMF.  Because we living beings generate our own electric field, we also generate our own magnetic fields (guess that's why opposites attract as the old saying goes).  

So, we know what causes the migraines but now we (our Neurosurgeons) need to figure out how to remove the sutures with the least risk to her life - no small task according to the surgeons.  

I'm hoping no other folks suffer from this same condition but if you do, I can provide a wealth of information!
Hi! Migraine Action has a massive article on EMF affecting migraines in their new magazine.

It is realy worth reading for those concerned about EMF

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=562cfbd331397e26199aeb6fe&id=ef53ece23a