Migraines & Headaches Community
Senstive Scalp
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Senstive Scalp

I am 50. For over a week now my scalp across the middle of my head - top, and around the crown is so, so sensitive.  Even to frown causes pain...gentle touching is painful...turn my head in my sleep and I get woken because it hurts..Pain killers don't seem to settle it down...do suffer migraines, would this be related.... Please help...sk591
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
it may not be due to migraine, it is better you consult an dermatologist first and take his opinion rather than just taking pain killers.
Blank
hi,
yes scalp pain can be due to multiple reasons it can be migraine, cellulitis, contact dermatitis or simply due to head lice. So please get yourself checked by a physician.
Blank
The scalp is innervated by braches of the first 3 cervical nerves (nerves whose ganglia have "roots" that exit the spinal column through the cervical vertebrae), so your pain may also be due to nerve trauma or lesions.  Your primary care physician should be able to direct you to the appropriate resource.
Blank
Thanks for that...sounds like the best thing for me to do is to see my doctor. I know that its not head lice, but as hasn't settled at all, will follow through. Osusannah
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...