Senstive Scalp
I am 50. For over a week now my scalp across the middle of my head - top, and around the crown is so, so sensitive.  Even to frown causes pain...gentle touching is painful...turn my head in my sleep and I get woken because it hurts..Pain killers don't seem to settle it down...do suffer migraines, would this be related.... Please help...sk591
it may not be due to migraine, it is better you consult an dermatologist first and take his opinion rather than just taking pain killers.
hi,
yes scalp pain can be due to multiple reasons it can be migraine, cellulitis, contact dermatitis or simply due to head lice. So please get yourself checked by a physician.
The scalp is innervated by braches of the first 3 cervical nerves (nerves whose ganglia have "roots" that exit the spinal column through the cervical vertebrae), so your pain may also be due to nerve trauma or lesions.  Your primary care physician should be able to direct you to the appropriate resource.
Thanks for that...sounds like the best thing for me to do is to see my doctor. I know that its not head lice, but as hasn't settled at all, will follow through. Osusannah