Migraines & Headaches Community
Severe headache w/ eye drooping

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Severe headache w/ eye drooping

I usually get mild tension headaches, but now I am pregnant and for the past week I have been having a headache that starts out dull at my right temple and then feels like someone is stabbing me in my head with an ice pick all throughout the top and back of the right side of my head. Then all of a sudden my eye felt droopy and when I looked in the mirror the left lower eyelid was definately sagging. When I went to my OB/GYN my blood pressure was 148/102 and I was just wondering if my high blood pressure could be the cause of the droopy eye and the severe headache as this headache is lasting longer and more severe than any of my other headaches that I've experienced. Thank you for you time and help with this matter.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Headache can be associated with high blood pressure and hormone changes such as now during your pregnancy. Ptosis or drooping eyelid have been observed in migraine headaches also. However, if it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation and to rule out eye issues or nerve injury as well as other medical conditions. Not all medications are safe to take during pregnancy and it is best that you ask your attending physician for a prescription. Take care and do keep us posted.