Severe headaches on the left side
Hi, I started having very mild headaches on the left side of my head above my left ear about 6 months ago, but have intensified little by little for the last three months, throbbing and stabbing like pain. Last week they really started to get stronger and to the point it wakes me up in the middle of the night. Went to my doctor and he ordered a cat scans hitch I haven't done yet waiting for INA to approve it. I tried taking Benadryl before bed for a couple of nights and have help me sleep better but still got milder headaches at night. Now I have a permanent headache which doesn't go away not even with Advil, it goes all the way from my left nostril, forehead and pretty much all my head being sharper on the left side. I can't stand it. Help please!
So sorry to hear about your pain.  Chances are that your cat scan will come out normal, but is very important to get it.  Still you need medical help with your headaches.  Are you taking some kind of pain reliever more than 2x a week?  If so, that can cause rebound headaches which could be why the headaches have become so frequent and even more intense.  If your scan is fine, then you should go on a daily preventative migraine medication.  Too bad the doctor didn't put you on it immediately as it takes weeks to fully work.  And in the meantime, you should get an abortive strong pain pill to give you a break.  But again, if you take it more than 2x a week, it will likely cause rebound headaches.

You didn't say anythiing about having neck or shoulder tightness.  If so, nerve block and trigger point injections would give you some instant relief.

There are many other treatments, so don't lose hope.  There is a lot that can be done for you.