Migraines & Headaches Community
Severe shooting pain that goes up spine and feels like my head is going...

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Severe shooting pain that goes up spine and feels like my head is going to explode?

I have been getting severe pain in my spine like a shooting pain that triggers up to my neck making my neck very stiff ends up entering into my head with a severe stabbing pain with my head feeling so tight it feels like its gonna pop like a rubber band I get them about 4-5 times a day but when it happens I have to hold my head and put pressure on it and put my head down because it ends up feeling like im going to pass out from the pain it last about a min but its so painful it even wakes me up in the middle of the night when Im sleeping it suddenly been going on for about 3 weeks I dont know what to do does it mean anything? if you can help me please do I really don't have the money to go to the dr. but I dont know if it is something serious or not I do have three bulging disc in my lower level of my back which is also very painful!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? What other symptoms are present?  Lumbar disc problems usually present with lower back pain, weakness, numbness, and tingling that radiates to the buttocks, legs, and feet. Headaches are usually associated with cervical disc problems. Pain medications and anti-inflammatory medications may help provide relief.  If the pain persists, it is best that you have this checked for proper evaluation. Additional imaging studies may also be done to rule out other conditions present like infection and other musculoskeletal issues. Take care and do keep us posted.
I'm a 25 yr old male having the same problem exactly as you described. I saw a brain and spine specialist and he isn't sure what it is. This pain is also ruining sex for my soon to be wife and I.

It happens almost every time at climax too. But this pain is so random. I've had it happen at work too. It shoots up my back and sits at my head almost bringing me to tears... Any ideas.

(Went to ER twice because of this. ER docs said it was a pinched nerve, but the fact that the brain/spine doc is worried has me worried now)

The pain doesn't start or hit my legs its always from the lower back up. This doesn't feel like a pinched nerve and I feel like this may ruin our honeymoon
if the docs cant help check reference and happy patient

and get a chiro

it sounds like when i pinch myself

i finally found a good one he makes me push my pain limits unless pinched im out to a month

as long as no back surgery chiros are safe and work mirical

just be careful if shoddy every week or lay down etc

my chiro says go for walks act normal

he says my middle is finally close to ok

i have felt better walking and being active then the lay down take it easy chiros at times while walking i can feel it settling

good luck stay in touch let me know if it works

ps head explode can be sinus

i had it till the allergy pills and a few other things

good luck