Migraines & Headaches Community
Sharp, intermittent head pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Sharp, intermittent head pain

I've am experiencing sharp pain on the top of my head.  The pain is intermittent and feels like a one or two second sharp strike -- and always in the same spot.  It hurts to touch my hair in that area due to tenderness and I flinch when it "strikes." .  Usually lasts a couple of days.  Then it will recur perhaps 3 to 6 months from now.  Next time it occurs it will be in another location,but seems to always be at or near the top of my head.  Sometimes I also feel the pain radiate from my ear (left ear this time) to the top of my head to the same spot -- as though there is one little nerve that is throbing.   Please advise.
There is a nerve - the occipital nerve - that may be responsible for your pain. My occipital neuralgia started just like yours, with sharp jabs of pain near the center of the top of my head.  Even puffs of air would trigger these "lightning bolt" headaches, which eventually involved my eyes and ears, though the actual tender spots were along a line that ran from the top of my head to the bottom of my head on the back left side.

Beware that nerve injuries are often difficult to detect and treat successfully, and a large number of occipital neuralgia patients get misdiagnosed with dental problems or migraine headache variants.  If you seem to be getting nowhere with other doctors, consider visiting a reliable pain clinic, preferably one affiliated with a major teaching hospital. Pain physicians get the diagnoses right more frequently, especially for difficult nerve pain.

Best of luck.

These headaches can be ice pick headaches which are sharp, shooting pain lasting for a few seconds and characteristically recur. Indomethacin which is an NSAID is very helpful in preventing icepick headache.Also as rightly mentioned this could be occipital neuralgia, these pains usually occur at the back of head and neck as these parts are innervated by greater and lesser occipital nerve but the pain can go upto the top of head even to the eyebrows.Please consult a pain specialist as occipital neuralgia is difficult to diagnose. Good luck!
I have been having an ache at the very top of my head for about 4 hours now. It feels as if someone pulled my hair very hard, or hit me with a mallet. I get migraines, usually radiating down the neck on the left side, but I've had this kind of pain before too. This is not a sharp pain, but more like a bruise. It makes my entire head ache, but the pain radiates from the tip top. Any idea what this might be?

Do you have any other symptoms along with the headache, like dizziness, numbness etc?
Most likely the pain could be a tension headache due to excessive stress and anxiety. Please try OTC painkillers and see if they help.
Also get your blood pressure checked to rule out hypertension. Eat your meals on time to prevent hypoglycaemia, which can cause headache too.
I would also suggest you to schedule an appointment with a physician to undergo complete evaluation.
It sounds like either ice pick head aches or neuralgia. Ice pick head aches tend to occur more frequently in those with migraines. I've had ice pick headaches and they felt literally like a ice pick jab in the head, only lasts a few seconds but enough to almost knock you off your feet. Mine went away after a few...years.
Maddys, I am also having the exact pain you describe. My scalp is tender when i touch my hair, i have intermittent short bursts of pain and it is localized in the top back/side of my head and in my ear as if someone just held an air horn to it. It's a very uncomfortable feeling. I saw a doctor at day 3 and he said it may be a pinched nerve and to come back in a few days if it persisted and to take an anti-inflammatory (Advil) in the meantime. He wasn't sure what to tell me as he checked out my head, neck, eyes ears and throat and thought everything seemed normal.
My scalp is very tender as press on the spot where the pain seems to start it really hurts.  It's almost like someone's hit me.  The pain is sharp and fleeting and will at times go down next to my ear into my jaw behind my ear.  All is on my left side.  I have never had this before.  What could it be?  I have been through a very stressful time lately.  I have no other symptoms, even walked this morning with the pain coming about twice while walking for about 30 minutes.
i have been having some of the same symptoms.....About a month ago i started getting these horrible headaches.......After water skiing accident. I went to the doctors and he said i have cluster headaches. I would get one sided headaches...with shooting pain....numbness...and tingling sensations. I also have this constant burning sensation in the brigde of my nose. It feels like i have to sneeze all the time. Now my headache are at the back of my head. and almost feel like tension headaches....i have been to see 3 doctors...and 2 neuro's and they keep perscibing my Amitripolin. i have no idea what this is???Any suggestion???
Thanks for writing in.
It is difficult to comment on the cause for headache without actually examining the patient. Since you have a long history of headaches, you should consult a doctor for proper diagnosis. However you may find the following information useful.

There can be several causes for headaches like injury, stress, eye strain, withdrawal from caffeine; migraine, tension headaches and cluster headaches (which are not associated with any other diseases), ice pick headaches, high blood pressure, brain tumors, strokes, meningitis and several other neurological conditions.
From your description it seems it might be ice-pick or cluster headache. Ice pick headaches are sharp, split second pains which typically occur in top and the sides of the head. They are considered to be benign and are common in persons with a history of migraine. They are also difficult to describe as the duration is very short. These types of pain usually do not require any medication because the pain comes & goes very quickly.If pain extends down to your neck and shoulders, then it could be tension headache which is usually of longer duration, beginning gradually and then reaching a peak during the day. It is a dull pain with a dragging feeling at the back and sides of the head.
The exact diagnosis would depend on a detailed history with respect to the exact site, duration, time of the day, intensity, any associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, visual loss, any neurological symptoms along with your past medical history. Various tests such as blood tests, CT scan, MRI or lumbar puncture are usually necessary to establish a diagnosis.

Take care

I was invloved in an accident where I had a spinal fusion of 5+6- in July-  The doctore went through the front and put in a cadavor bone and fused it with a tititaum plate. I also  have to wear a bone stimulator for 9 months. Now I have Mt  Reback Syndrome-   adnormal electrical implues discharging from the spinal cord- had this for about 30 years.
Last week I went to a neuroligist for a nerve conductive study test on my right arm- my shoulder is stuck- bad cramping since the surgery on the right side of my neck. Since I had the nerve test on my right arm I have been experienceing these SHARP pains  ont eh top of my head- only lasting a few seconds but coming sevral times an hour.
Did the nerve test mess up my electrical system?
I have found relief from the majority of my migraines through acupuncture.  The most important thing is to find an excellent  acupuncturist - they are not all good.  If you can find a  really good one, I think there's a very good chance he/she could be very helpful in getting rid of your ice-pick headaches.  It is well worth they try.
This is the second day that I am having intermittent pain in the left side of my head, around my ear, and above. It has come in the middle of the night and seems to appear every 10 seconds or so. I still have it at 8 am and will take Advil or Tylenol. The first time it happened, Tylenol worked.It is a sharp pain that lasts for a couple seconds. Two nights in a row! Where'd this come from? Stress? I've had no injuries...
I have the same type of pain sharp, on my scalp exactly as described above. Usually the scalp pain leads to pain on my temples which eventually becomes very intense. I can't even wear my glasses at this point because it aggravates the pain due to feeling tight. I really think my "head" expands and that's why my glasses are tight on the side. Unfortunately I haven't been able to obtain a diagnosis since my family doctor does not understand. I have had scans, MRI's, xrays. Usually only antiinflamatories or a deep massage to my scalp and neck.
I've been having headaches with the added joy of dizzy spells. It seems to get worse when i lay down. I've been given antiinflamatories and pain killers. The pain killers have worked to a degree dulling the pain rather than getting rid of it completely. I have an MRI booked but not for another 2 months. Is there anything else anyone can recommend in the mean time.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Some pain relievers can bring about rebound headaches. Take only as prescribed and it is important to identify the triggers that may be causing the headaches. Knowing what could be responsible may also help in avoiding future recurrences. There is a headache tracker here in Medhelp that may help. With regards to dizziness, this can be due to issues like lack of  blood in the brain, anemia, eye problems or blood pressure problems. Ice packs and relaxation techniques may also provide relief. Take care and do keep us posted.
I also get very sharp pains in the top left side of my head. I also get panic attacks because of this. My doctor doesn't seem interested! Is it something serious? Thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?Was there a previous trauma to your head? Can you elaborate on the sharp pain in your head? Ice pick headaches are short, stabbing, extremely intense headaches that generally last for a few seconds. If it persists, have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. It is difficult to say if this is something serious at this point. Your medical history and direct clinical examination are important. The panic attacks may be managed with medication. Take care and do keep us posted.
It sounds like Ice pick headaches but it doesn't happen often, some times I might get 2-3 sharp pains in a day, others maybe more. It's not every day and seems to get worse if I have a back ache. I've been having this going on now for about 5 years and have tried various treatments with various levels of success. About 2-3 years ago my panic attacks started mostly assoicated with chest pains but also these sharp pains in my head. My Dr hasn't been exactly helpful and since suffering from panic attacks he now puts everything down to them even if I told him my leg was turning black! (it isn't). Thank you for your quick response!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
What tests were done?  If the headaches worsen with the presence of your back pain, the chances of musculoskeletal and neurological causes are likely. X-ray of your back and neck may rule out structural problems. Panic attacks can be treated medically but you should also have your back problems checked for proper management. Take care and best regards.
I have been getting sharp stabbing pains, like a lightening bold on the right hand side of my head that last a few seconds and hurt to the point of me screaming.  The pain can be felt behind my eye as well.  Although they last for a few seconds, they have been occurring every 10 minutes or so for the past 8 hours.  I have been to the neurologist already this week because I have had a different type of head ache (constant) for the past four months.  He gave me vicodin but that does nothing for this pain.  It is so severe that it wakes me from my sleep.  I have an MRI scheduled for next week.  No other symptoms other than blurry or double vision. Oh, and dizziness, but very rarely.  Any idea what it could be.  Doc says they are migraines, but I have had migraines all my life, and they have never ever felt this way.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
How are you? These can indeed be due to ice pick headaches which can also occur in patients with migraine headaches. Other possible causes can occur due to anxiety, neuralgia, stress, and even lack of sleep. Discuss this with your doctor and do keep us posted with your MRI results. Warm regards.
I have a constant, dull headache that easily becomes a very sharp, stabbing pain at the top, center of my head.  It started 1 1/2 weeks ago behind my left eye; a burning headache, sensitive to the touch.  It moved to the right side of my head after a couple of days, still burning.  Now it's very sharp right at the top of my head.  It significantly worsens when I raise or lower my eyebrows or wiggle my ears.  I have had nausea since the beginning and dizziness for the past week.  My doctor said it's vertigo, a sinus infection and dehydration.  He prescribed 2 different meds, but neither seem to be doing much so far (it has only been 4 days, though).  Any ideas?  Please help.  (No head injuries & relatively stress-free)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Try to finish the prescribed medications. However, if these do not help, inform your doctor for proper management. Other differentials should also be considered such as cluster headache which  may present with pain in the vicinity of the eye associated with tearing, nose congestion, or flushing of face. Attacks occur every day for weeks, then disappear.  Take care and do keep us posted.
IM EXPERIENCING THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS I SPEAK. IVE HAD IT BEFORE BUT TODAY IS THE WORST. STARTED AT WORK, ABOUT 3PM. I CAME HOME AND THOUGHT I WOULD TAKE A NAP AND MAYBE THAT WOULD ALLEVIATE THE HEADACHE BUT WHEN I WOKE UP, I WAS STILL GETTING THE SHARP PAINS AND MY SCALP IS STILL TENDER. MINE IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD, NEAR THE TOP. IT HURTS WHEN I JUST TOUCH MY HAIR, AND THE PAIN IS SO SHARP, IT MAKES MY RIGHT EYE FLINCH. IM ABOUT TO CRY.
Sharp pain in top left side of my head.  Tender to touch in that area.  Occurs about every 30 seconds.
I am having sharp pains at the very top but back of the head right side. It just started today but it is so on going, I am very concerned. I am wondering if it is a nerve waking up as I had surgery on my forehead over a month ago. He said he had to cut alot of nerves and my head has been numb since then and now I am assuming it is waking up. It isnt a headache ..it is a very swift and sharp pain in the same spot over and over again. Then it stops for a couple of minutes then resumes. I am wondering if it is the nerve waking up or if it could be more serious. The area is very sensitive. Any advice? I dont see the surgeon again till June 21, 2011, which is almost a whole month.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still experience the sharp pains in the top left side of your head? This could also be due to primary headaches as mentioned above. However, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor if it persists for proper evaluation. Your complete medical history and direct clinical examination is important. take care and hope to hear from you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Are there other symptoms like itching or development of blisters, sores or bumps on the scalp? Excessive use of hair care products that contain harsh chemicals can also be the cause of tender scalp. Tender hair follicles, acne, infection,
contact dermatitis and neurological issues like nerve sensitivity should also be ruled out. If it persists, further evaluation may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Pressure or tingling sensations are usually observed when the nerves are waking up. Scalp pain and sensitivity may be caused by a variety of issues including neurological conditions that needs to be evaluated further. At this point, a journal of these symptoms and possibly triggers may help during your follow-up consultation.  However, if it persists, it is best that you inform your attending physician for proper management. Take care always.
I have had similar pain on the right side of my head in the temporal area. Its a quick jabing pain that comes and goes. I also get numbness around that side of my face with it. I have been blaiming this on allergies  as I have been having it for many years now. I have had CTs, x-rays, nurological studies and all I been told is they can not find anything. I have had in the past 1 cluster headache, 1 viral headache like menigitis (meningitis), and 2009 they said I had migraines and treated me with medications that gave me seratonin syndrome. I have seen a nerologist. Nothing and this is starting to scare me as I have a cousin with tummors in her brain and an uncle who died from tummors  in the brain stem. My step father also had a crain tummor that he was misdiagnosed with for many years till it caused a stroke. I am not sure if I should worry about this but I am getting nervous with the numbness I feel and the pain i keep getting the only last a few seconds each time but the right side feels full all the time. There are times when the jabing pains keep coming that I can not sleep. I am tired of going to the doctor and being told it is nothing.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?I do understand how you feel right now. It is good that the results of the diagnsotic tests. Brain tumor can be ruled out from the imaging studies done. It is indeed possible that you have rare migraine variants  or migraine that exhibits itself in a form other than head pain such as prolonged visual auras, atypical sensory, motor or visual aura, confusion, neurological deficits ( such as numbness) and even gastrointestinal symptoms. This condition is less recognized and poorly understood than typical migraines. Stay positive and try not to be discouraged. Seek another neurologist's opinion until a diagnosis is made. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hello All,
Not sure that my pain is on the same par as you guys but here goes.
I get a stabbing pain in the right habnd side and at the back of my head. The pains dont even last a second but they make me stop what ever I am doing.
I went to see my GP about these pains and she said I had neuralgia and gave me carbamazepine. The carbamazepine did help but I did still feel the pain but it was not as intense. Now a year later they no longer seem to work. I was only on a small dose so not sure if this needs reviewing. It just worries me that I may have something else that has not been diagnosed. I say this as I also get sharp pains, similar to the ones I suffer with in my head, all over my body but not as frequent as the ones in my head. Any info or feedback would be greatly received.
Cheers
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What diagnostic tests were done in the past? Carbamazepine is usually indicated for seizures and in treating trigeminal neuralgia and works by reducing abnormal electrical activity in the brain. If is not helping at present, it is best that you inform your doctor about this for proper management. A change in medication or the dosage my be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.
I have been trying to do some research as to what my issue could be, and was relieved (?) to see that other people have the same thing happening. I wasn't even sure how to describe or google it! On Thursday (almost 1 week ago) I started getting what appears to be an ice pick headache - in all my life, I'v enever experienced pain like this before. It was a sporadic stabbing pain just behind my left ear, it would literally cause me to flinch and for my eyes to feel like they were bulging. It would last a split second and go away. But it was intermittent and very random - sometimes happening a couple times in one minute, and other times not happening until 5 or 10 minutes later. It was exhausting, and very intense. This lasted for 3-4 days, and seems to have subsided somewhat. I still have a bit of a dull ache in the left side, but not nearly as intense. I also have a swollen lymph node behind my left ear, and this morning, when I went for a run, I blew my nose and I blew out a blob of blood in my mucus. It wasn't just a bit of a blood, but enough that I actually went to get my phone from the car and take a picture in the event I needed to show a doctor just what I saw. Are these things related?! Coincidence?? Could it mean something is going on?? Thanks.
Just wanted to give some info. and hope for feedback...last thursday I was working when a very sharp "lightning bolt" feeling hit the top of my head. It lasted a second or two then I immediately had vertigo and double vision for an hour or so.  I kept myself from screaming out and tried to keep working for about forty five minutes.  I layed down down and was seen by my pcp.  She believed I had a vascular headache and set me up for a MRI.  Today I had another episode while at work and when the doctor checked my eyes with the light it stung and burned ...I was sent to E.R. and then had my MRI.  I was told that it was a type of sinusitis and was given an antibiotic.  I had remembered later on today that a few days before my first episode I had a few "bee sting" like feelings to the back of my eye (optic nerve area).  I do hope that this will be the end of it because of it interfering with my life..it is difficult to work or take care of my family and I have a mother that carries a benign brain tumor and her mother died at an early age from a brain aneurism (aneurysm).  I worry that this may be a misdiagnosis.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? How was the MRI result? Did the symptoms resolve after taking the antibiotics? You may also benefit from further evaluation by an ophthalmologist, especially if you also had eye symptoms. The sharp pain could also be due to primary headaches such as ice pick headache which can be evaluated by a neurologist. Take care and do keep us posted.
I have exactly the same thing. Sharp pains that last for a second and sometimes in cluster of 2-3 and then don't come back for 5-8 mintues. I had it for 24 hours now. I can't work, I am mostly in bed but can't sleep. Saw a doctor today who said it is a type of migrane (migraine) and prescribed Maxalt. That did not help at all. Did your pain come back?
I have also recently started getting very sharp pains in the top left side of my head. It began after I pulled a neck muscle while sleeping, but has continued since then. Sometimes the pain will come and go in 2-5 second bursts throughout a day and then not occur again for a week or longer. It feels as if someone is stabbing my brain or something. I was afraid of possibly a growing annurism or tumor (especially since tumors run in my family). I'm only 22, so I feel as though these may be problems out of my age range. I just don't know!
Wow..I could've written that. I also had a spinal diskectomy C5-C6 w/titanium plates/screws and cadavor bone. Experienced burning in right arm bi-cep 3 months after surgery.I never was told to wear a collar or anything @ a bone stimulator. I do use a TENS unit that stimulates my muscles.
What is Mt. Reback Syndrome? I wanted to say that I had a car accident way before they discovered the herniation or what they called a ruptured petrusion. I do have pain still to this day on the top of my head where my head hit the roof of the car. I have seen in my MRI's that it is always shows up white in the MRI's on top where I got hit. It really makes me wonder if it is a lot of the cause to ALL of my pain.
I even have severe knee/leg pain that used to hurt more when I stood,now it does it when I lay too. i am lucky that I do have a bed that vibrates and it works all the time because of the pain I have in my legs.
I sure hope u r doing well. I am in a terrible state. I lay in this bed with my two teenage boys meanwhile needin me bad to be more of a part of their life. I want to so bad. So, if u have come up with anything with what u r feeling. Do u have symptoms all over ur body or is it located in specific areas?
I will let u go 4 now and hope that I hear from u concerning this issue that we both seem to be living.Take care ane God Bless always. Thank u so much.:)))<3 Karen Elmore
Ive started with a sharp quick nerve pain from my ear to the top of my head, went to the doctors today and she said the ear was fine. I told her I had dental work done within week and still have dental promblems/pain. She recommended that I go back to the dentist because this is what maybe causing the pain to refer to the ear then to the head...so check your teeth, I know mine are still sensitive...ever since Ive had 3 fillings and a deep cleaning.
I'm having sharp stabbing paid on the left side of my head. Seems to be on my left temple. Severe pain. It has been going on for a day. Last week I had a pain come on sudden and stay constant on the left side of my head and then stop just as fast as it came. Help! I'm freaking out!
I have sharp stabbing headaches at the back right side of my head at about ear level or a little higher.  They last anywhere from just a few seconds to a minute or two.  But sometimes they come in waves where I will have several over the course of an hour or so, and then none.  They started about a month or so after I gave birth to my second child via c-section with spinal anesthesia.  They occurred quite often for a few months, and then went away.  They just started up again, but worse, and now accompanied by dizziness.  But the dizziness does not occur at the same time as the headaches.  Most of the dizzy spells aren't too bad, but there have been a few that I almost fell over.  The headaches are mostly in the same place, however I have started to have a few on the other side, and one in the front.  I am getting concerned.  Any ideas?
Hi, just found this site.  Last night, on a flight home from vacation, I suddenly experienced shocking(electric), stabbing pain in and around my right eye, eyebrow, forehead to the top of my head.  My teeth on the upper right side also hurt as did my right sinus and ear but it was predominantly centered around the right eye and brow.  A few weeks prior to this I had the same teeth and ear pain.  I went to my dentist who said, after an exam and several x rays, there wasn't anything wrong so I saw an ent who also said, after a scope and thorough exam, there was no problem.  I had occipital neuralgia a few years back after a neck injury and the pain I experienced last night was exactly the same type of pain but in a different location. I'll see a doctor today as the pain never really went away (it's been about 12 hours), all the areas I described hurt moderately now with only a slight twinge of the electric pain. I figured while I try to see a doctor that I'd write and find out if anyone has any ideas what might be going on here.
did you hear anything back I have the same and I also blew a clot of blood out of my nose
hi i have been getting very sharp pains in the top right side of my head every day for the past 2 weeks now its so bad they make me want to be sick i have no pain anywhere else and have booked in at the optition next week but it is worrying me now no painkillers help is there anything you could suggest please
Hi I'm getting sharp flashes of pain across the back of my head. If I change my posture, e.g. bend down my head starts pounding and I feel pressure in my ears. I' ve had it four days now and have been taking paracetamol which helps temporarily but i'm still getting a numb pain. I hardly ever get headaches so it's very worrying for me what it could be? I have been stressed with work and family but no more than usual so not sure why it's appeared now? I just hope it's nothing serious.
I suffer from migraines from a car accident. A week ago I drove a motorcycle at 4 AM without a helmet in real cold weather. I was freezing for 45 minute ride. The next morning I had extremely severe stabbing headaches all over the right side of my head, and deep in my neck muscles and in my right ear. My PA. gave me a muscle relaxer, hydrocodone and an anti-biotic. I still have such severe pain the hydocodone barely helps releive any pain. My PA said I can't get sick from just cold, I need to have an infection first. I also noticed last winter I'd go sit in the steam room at the gym then go sit out by the pool. And with the cold air from the fans blowing on my head I have those same shooting pains in the back of my head, but this time it's so severe I can't function in life. Has anyone else had this same situation of cold air blowing on your head after being hot then having stabbing/ shooting pain the next day that lasts weeks or months?
Thanks,
Rick
I HAVE BEEN HAVING THESE EXACT PAINS AS EVERYONE ELSE.  THEY START ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY HEAD AND USUALLY LAST 2-3 MINS AT A TIME.  I HAVE BEEN HAVING THEM FOR A YEAR OR TWO NOW.  IM AM SICK OF THIS AND NO DOCTOR CAN TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG.  THE PAIN IS SO SEVERE, IT BRINGS TEARS TO MY EYES.  I CANT SLEEP OR SIT UP SOME TIMES. I NEED HELP I CANT EVEN CONCENTRATE AND CANT AFFORD TO MISS TOO MANY DAYS OF WORK.  WHAT CAN I DO?
It's been 2 months now and i have had nothing but sharp shooting pains in different parts of my head, sometimes i get dizziness and nausea feeling, but not continuously, just throughout the day for a couple of seconds at a time.... When these sharp pains occur, i also get a headache feeling, than i have to try to relax my head to relieve it a bit...My right eye also twitches all day everyday too.... been to the doctot several times... He is getting tired of me..Next i will take a mri scan, since this is just on going, even when i try to sleep...I have been trying to sit up straight and not move my head to see if that works.... helps a little bit.... also i have been taking viatamin D and it has helped quite a bit too D 2000 ius..... Still is not gone but this does help.. Angie
I Have Had A Cold The Past Couple Of Days. I've Had A Stuffy Nose And A Cough. But Just Recently Everyone I Cough My Head Hurts And When I Stand Up To Walk I Get A Really Sharp Pain In My Head....Any Idea What This Could Be? It's Unlike Any Other Pain I Have Eve Had Before And It's At The Top Right Of My Head....Help Please?
Started having a dull pain over my right eye and right side of head.  Not a sharp pain, but dull.  Last for about 4 seconds and disapates.  Come back in about 3 minutes.  Seems to occur with any quick movement or exertion like getting off the couch or bending down and then up.  Been 36 hours.  Took aleve first,  then advil,  then later on Excedrin.   No effects.  JulianB.