Shooting pains in head
For several months when I am reclining in a chair or laying down I will get shooting sharp pains in the top of my head.  They have gotten worse over last several weeks.  I have Graves disease and wondering if this could be the cause or could it be occipital HA.  The pain is only in top of my head.  When I get up and walk around it goes away instantly. I'm a nurse and don't think it is anything serious since there are no other symptoms.
Hello and hope you are doing well,
I can confirm the exact cause only after clinically examining you. Based on your symptoms it is possible that you could be suffering from migraine headaches. Tension headaches, cluster headaches are few other possibilities. Take adequate rest and sleep. Some headaches may have serious causes while others may not need immediate medical attention. Headache is a rare occurrence in Graves' disease and when it occurs it can be an early warning sign of cerebral venous thrombosis .It is best to get yourself evaluated for the above causes.
Best luck and regards!