Aa
A
A
Close
203342 tn?1328740807
Sinus Headache
How long should a sinus headache last? I've had one now for 5 days and it's wiped me out. My whole face hurts, especially my eyes. I have no energy and today I've felt nauseous. I don't know if it's just getting to me now or what. I also noticed a slight numbness around my mouth? Is that normal for a sinus headache or infection? The numbness isn't that bad, it just feels a little odd.
I went to the doctor 3 days ago. He said I did have some fluid buildup in one ear and that I could have a sinus infection and he gave me Amoxicillin, Sudafed and Tylenol. I've been taking everything. Shouldn't it have kicked in by now? How long should I give this? I'm just tired of feeling this way. I've gotten almost nothing accomplished this week and I hate that. Is there anything else I can do? I just want to feel good again.
Thanks.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Sinus headaches can last long depending upon the severity of infection. Antibiotics also take time to show response although in 3 days time you should have experienced at least some relief. There is a possibility that the antibiotic is not working and you may need to get a culture and sensitivity test done to find out the causative organism and take antibiotics accordingly.
I would suggest you to take steam inhalation at least 3-4 times everyday it will help in relieving congestion and continue with antibiotics for 1-2 days more, if you still experience no relief please let your doctor know as you may need to undergo further testing.
Keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources