Migraines & Headaches Community
Smartboards as migraine trigger?

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Smartboards as migraine trigger?

Has anyone heard of the use of a  "Smartboard" in the classroom being a migraine trigger in children?  My friend's son consistently suffers from a migraine after sitting in math class when a smartboard has been used.  His eyes have been checked by an opthamologist.

Thanks!
Monotreme
Dear Monotreme,

I reviewed the Smartboard typically used in education.  The specifications that you may want to consider is the brightness of the projector.  It is 6500 Kelvin color temperature.  This is suppose to be the equivilent to daylight.  It is considered a coolish color.  

Also please see "Over illumination" in Wilkepedia.  This may help you evaluate the circumstances surrounding the migraines.  Good luck!
Thanks so much for your help.
Monotreme
Here's a good read about 'dirty electricity'--I read it after a number of staff members at our school were being diagnosed with cancer, having migraines, and other unsual 'clusters' of illness.

http://www.prevention.com/health/health/healthy-lifestyle/is-dirty-electricity-making-you-sick/article/9e60d47569225210VgnVCM10000030281eac____

Is Dirty Electricity Making You Sick?
Too many electromagnetic fields surrounding us--from cell phones, wifi, and commonplace modern technology--may be seriously harming our health. Here's how to minimize your exposure.
By Michael Segell
In response to the "dirty electricity," I am currently conducting research in this area.  Ordinarily I would have dismissed this concept because what many of us can't feel, we are not concerned with. But, as with pain which is truly personal since we cannot feel someones' pain, we all need to be concerned "electromagnetic frequencies."  These EMF's as they are called range from extremely low frequencies to very low frequencies such as a range between 30Hz to 300Hz.  America's power supply is in the 60Hz (hertz) which is 60 cycles per second.  The dirty part comes from faulty resistors, transformers, and connections.

I have recently become aware of the ability of some individuals to actually become sensors of these faulty electrical parts.  These individuals have had medical interventions to save their lives but unknowingly to them and medical personnel, these devices actually become a type of antenna that transmits corona emissions from public utilities (power lines, substations, interior lighting such as florescent lighting and compact florescent lighting, to name a few.)  I know this sounds impossible to many people but it actually happens and I do have unimpeachable evidence to prove this exists.  

I can't be sure that in this post that this is what is affecting this child but it is possible.  The test for the parent would be to have a three axis EMF meter determine the emissions.  The classroom lighting or even a computer monitor can be responsible.  I hope to write more about this phenomenon in the near future.  P.S. I hold a Master of Science in Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania School of Engineering and Applied Science.