Migraines & Headaches Community
Sore spot on top of my head, headache, fatigue

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I have a sore stpot on the top of my head; alot of times I wake up with a headache that seems to ease up once I get up and am no longer lying down; sometimes it remains, but more like a dull ache; all I want to do is lie down.  I've been told that I have arthritis in my neck that unfortunately due to the fact that I have severe Osteo there is little they can do...not sure if this would have any bearing or would cause this problem with the top of my head.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Welcome to the site and to the community. You have come to a place where people are very supportive and have a lot of information.
I would like to point out that as the information on your left says, this is only my personal advice and you should always consult a doctor with problems first. Also, while it is
understandable to want information or advice about medication/s you should never alter or stop without speaking to the prescribing doctor first.
The advice I give is from personal knowledge and or experience, this does not mean I am a health professional or that my advice should be
taken over a health professionals. If I am not able to help, rest assured there will probably be more people to help. This post is mainly for basic
information and to let you know that while I do not have any advice for you, it is worth it to stick around.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Headaches can also be present with arthritis in the neck. The pain intensifies with movement due to inflammation of the blood vessels of the head or bony changes in the structures of the neck. Muscle relaxants or anti-inflammatory medications may help provide relief. Take care and regards.