Migraines & Headaches Community
Stadol Nasal Spray

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Stadol Nasal Spray

My question is this I used to be prescribed a medication called stadol nasal spray and it worked for me but I was prescribed four bottles a month and still had days with migraines I couldn't handle and had to go to the emergency room for them to break with IV dilaudid or demerol 2mg of dilaudid or 100 mg; of demerol would bring the pain level down, my migraines have always been considered migraines but my medical records indicate that I had a brain anyersm after my daughters birth that burst and healed itself but left me with a seizure and unbearable head pain from that point on, why don't the doctors want me to have this medication any more - they say because it is addictive but isn't any medication addictive and it I know this one works for me at home and dilaudid pills or demerol pills at home do not work as well nor does this new medicine called Oppana 5 mg used with Oppana 20 mg ER work for me - what is the difference between usage of any of these medicines compared to the one I know works better for me and how do I explain it to them so that they will prescribe it without looking like I am just seeking this medication because I want it, I just need it because it works the best for me at that amount of bottles per month
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Butorphanol Tartrate or Stadol Nasal Spray is a strong narcotic analgesic used to control pain and treat migraine headaches. It is not advisable to  increase the dose, take it more frequently or use it for a longer period of time than prescribed because because this drug can be habit-forming. And if used for extended periods, this medication may not work as well and may require different dosing. If it works for you, discuss this with your doctor for proper prescription. Take care and best regards.
Thank you again for responding to me I was finally able to discuss this matter well enough for my neurologist to prescribe the medication but now my pain management doctor said he didn't want me as a patient if I used the medication, so I chose the medication and to look for another doctor, I have to go to Florida for six weeks due to my mom having brain surgery and my neurologist has said he will continue to prescribe the medication to me as long as the pain management doctor knew I had the medicine and I told him he did and that he no longer wanted me for a patient so he suggested I see the pain management center in his hospital, University of Pennsylvania, but I called there and right away they said we don't treat migraines so I corrected them and said due you treat brain trauma and they said yes so now hopefully after review between their team of doctors they will accept me as a patient it takes ten days from today to get the answer.  So hopefully since I have all the original paper work that showed I had an anursym (spelled wrong I am sorry) that I will be treated better than being misunderstood for saying it was a migraine