Migraines & Headaches Community
Strange symptoms for 4 weeks in my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Strange symptoms for 4 weeks in my head

Since 12th January, I have had very strange symptoms that have been getting worse.  It started with pain in my left arm half way down and a strange dizzy, buzzy sensation in my head that came and went.  I also felt quite sick with it too.  My head seemed to hurt in the mornings and I was always more dizzy in the mornings too.  I also notice vision problems with it sometimes being quite blurred around the edges. I saw my GP and she thought it was something to do with my neck and sent me for a neck Xray which was clear.  she said that could cause my arm pain.  I was feeling very spaced out too and not with it at all.  sometimes the sensation in my head was like a cracking feeling but that seemed to be at night when I was lying down. I got given anti dizzy tablets from my GP which I took but did nothing and pain killers did nothing either.  I had what I think was some sort of seizure a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't look at the light or move my head and I was delirious and also shaking from head to toe. My husband called the doctor out and he examined me and said he didn't think it was anything serious but checked me over and told me not to take the anti dizzy tablets and to take some diazapham to calm me and stop the shaking.  He told me to see my GP in the morning which I did.  I spoke to her on the phone and as I was not as bad as the night before, she said to call her if it got worse.  I've had a couple of nose bleeds too which was unexpected.  I went back to see the GP as I will still very worried as the symptoms seemed to be more frequent.  She signed me off work and suggested blood tests for general health and a CT scan which I am waiting to have.  I've also just seen the optician as my eye sight was getting much worse suddenly and he said that I have acute lens damage which is very unusual for someone my age (45).  he said that something like this is normally caused by illness and that I would need to see an eye specialist which I've been referred to now.  All my symptoms do not go away at all now and I waiting for the scan and the specialist appt which is hopefully this week.  I am very worried about my head feelings as I've never had anything like this before.  I do feel sick alot but not actually being sick.  I feel totally space out too but I'm not taking any medication.  Has anyone got any advice for me on what this could be? Thanks.