Subconjunctival Hemorrhage & Migraine
Are subconjuctival hemorrhages unusual with migraines?  I have suffered from migraines for over 20 years (3-4 a week when it was at it worst) and with treatment have them down to 2 or 3 a month.  This last one lasted over 5 days and on the morning of day four I woke up with a subconjuctival hemorrhage.  This has happen once or twice before when I've had a headache, but I believe that was when I was vomiting (not this time).  Thanks.

Subconjuntival hemorrhage is a bright red patch in the white of the eye. It occurs due to rupture of small blood vessels.
Common causes include excessive eye strain, fatigue, eye infections and eye injury. Migraine does not cause subconjuntival hemorrhages.
Please consut an ophthalmologist if it happens again. Take care!

I believe my subconjunctival hemorrhage is caused by my severe headaches.   That, or they alway go hand-in-hand.  It has happened to me 7 times in the last year.  There are no other triggers that I know of.  I do not have high blood pressure, diabetes and I was not vomiting or doing anything active.

Every time it happens, it starts with a really severe headache on my left temple area.  I take it easy when this happens and try not to strain at all.  When I wake up the next morning, I have a subconjunctival hemorrhage in my left eye.  It is alway in the exact same spot.

Any ideas?