Migraines & Headaches Community
Surgeries to decompress C1 and C2 nerve roots

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Hi, My husband has had one sided ice pick in the back of head (occipital region) pain daily for 2 years and 3 months.  He is on narcotics --every other form of treatment has had no effect on the pain.  The only form he has not tried is surgery.  I read last night that someone had a nerve root decompression surgery for similar pain and it was successful.  I am trying to get my husband in to see Dr. Jho of the Microsurgery institute for a consult.  He is in Philadelphia.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a good surgeon in the Boston area for this kind of work.  It would be easier not to travel.
Many thanks,
Pat
Tags: c2, nerve, Pain, on