Migraines & Headaches Community
Swooshing sound in ears, headaches, vision blurriness, light head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

I've have successfully stumped the doctors now for 6 months, I suddenly developed strange symptoms out of the blue for no apparent reason. If I sit for any amount of time 45 min to an hour I will start to simultaneously develop a tight debilitating headache that originates at the base of my scull and proceeds to the rest of my head, also a whooshing sound in my ears that corresponds with the timing of my pulse (painless but ears feel slightly warm when happening). If I do not correct the problem by standing up the headache gets worse and eventually causes vision problems, (light sensitive and difficulty focusing with an emeses amount of pressure behind eyes). I also feel light headed and sometimes even dizzy, a few times it's been really bad and caused nausea and double vision. My back will feel tight only when symptoms are occurring, specifically under right shoulder blade. Otherwise my back is fine and I can bend over and touch my toes no problem. If I am able to stand up the symptoms dissipate in around 5 to 10 min. I am able to control these symptoms and cause them to happen by arching my back or by bending my neck in any extreme direction, more so to the left and right than up and down. I can also cause them to dissipate completely by standing up or slouching deeply in chair. The symptoms do not happen when lying down unless purposely provoked by arching back or bending neck. Seems to be in my back or neck, but what in my back or neck would cause these head troubles? I test by blood pressure when the symptoms occur and it is always slightly elevated 144/87 (sometimes higher) from normal of 120/80. I now have a clean MRI, good looking back x-rays, excellent ophthalmologist eye exam, clean 24 hr urine test, a baffled neurologist and a frustrated doctor. The chiropractor has been making small back adjustments that at times seem like they might be helping but I can't really tell. I would like to know if anyone else has had these problems; it seems people have similar symptoms but never the same.
I have had the exact same symptoms for 12 years now.  They started right after I had my first child.  No one seems to know why.  I will say that they have increased over the years and are extremely irritating.  I have had MRI, Cat Scan, etc..  I do have high blood pressure that I take medication for.  I agree that I believe the problem is in the back or neck.  I could list all my symptoms ( and there are many) but all the doctors keeps saying is that I may have more than one thing going on.  I hope you feel better soon.

God Bless,