Temple Pain
I am 24 years old turning 25 in 2 weeks and up until now have not had any major medical problems. About two weeks ago I started to experience extreme pain in my left temple which goes down to my ear, cheek, and every tooth left of center in my mouth. The pain is worse than anything I've ever experienced (i would rather go through childbirth again). When I get a headache I take 800mg ibuprofen and it seems to work after 20 mins the headache doesn't stop it just gets better. when the headache starts I have to sit somewhere in the fetal position and rock back and forth I’m not surd if it helps but that seems like the only thing I can do because of the pain. I also have a pea-size lump on my left temple which I've had for over a year without pain until now. I don’t know what to do because I get the pain about 3-4 times a day and it even wakes me up in the middle of my sleep.
Welcome to the forum!
Temple pain can be due to high blood pressure. Headaches and pain in temple area can be due to loud music. Another possibility is migraine triggered by loud noise. Tension headaches too affect the temple area.
Temporal arteritis, internal ear infection, TMJ and tooth decay can all cause a temple pain.
Infection in the eye, glaucoma, and sinusitis are the other causes.
Since you have a pea size lump at the left temple, it could be a neurofibroma (collection of nerve and fibrous tissue) causing pain or temporal arteritis.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!